Ocean Export Supervisor
Position Description Summary:
Responsible for providing high level of support and supervision to export department by managing the daily activities of the export team.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed.
It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.
- Supervise export operations activities
- Responsible for proper processing of export shipments
- Research and resolve problems on export product
- Assist in identifying and improving service and operations related issues in a station, including on-time delivery, accurate and timely data entry, and efficient warehouse operations
- Perform accounting tasks such as trade payables
- Assist in auditing and researching service performance issues and develop recommendations for improvements
- Maintain the security of freight in accordance with security procedures
- Ensure a safe working environment through consistent practice of safety programs and procedures The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
This is a supervisory position.
Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills required.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent required.
Generally prefer 2-4 years of related supervisory or management experience.
Benefits Benefits MedicalWe offer a number of plans for a variety of health care services and supplies, including preventative care, inpatient and outpatient services and prescription drugs.
VisionThe option for separate vision coverage for eye exams, frames, and contact lenses.
DentalThe option for separate dental coverage to cover preventative major and basic dental services.
401(k)The company offers a pre-tax 401(k) contribution plan with a company match.
Direct DepositWe offer direct deposit to all employees.
HolidaysOn a calendar year basis, the Company pays all employees 6 major holidays, including New Year's Days, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, plus 4 floating holidays.
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world.
A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference.
With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity