Senior Investment Research Analyst
Marsh and McLennan
Mercer’s Manager Research practice is looking for a Senior Investment Research Analyst to join in one of the following offices: Chicago, IL, Minneapolis, MN, Boston, MA, or St. Louis, MO.
What can you expect?
- Be part of Mercer’s global team of approximately 40 equity research specialists who are spread across 9 countries.
- Access to a wide variety of asset managers in the country via participation in meetings.
- Growth of personal skill set through working collaboratively with senior members on the team and interactions with asset managers and investment consultants.
- Opportunities to learn from a well-resourced research team and be mentored along the way.
- On the job training and the ability to directly influence the pace of personal learning/career.
- Preparation and maintenance of research reports as analytical and written competencies are demonstrated.
- Take an increasingly active role in the manager research meeting and agenda setting processes.
- Gather and collate data from a variety of sources to meet the specific information needs of consultants.
What is in it for you?
- Be part of a dynamic team at the center of Mercer’s investment advice.
- Work with a wide range of institutional client types.
- Work for a global company with excellent benefits and a dynamic culture.
- Competitive paid time off in addition to holidays and volunteer days.
- Mercer offers tuition assistance.
We will count on you to:
- Assist equity manager researchers in gathering and analyzing information in order to identify and communicate asset managers that Mercer believes are most likely able to generate value for our clients.
- Provide high level analytical support on a wide variety of investment strategies, markets and managers.
- Provide support to the research team in meeting the needs of clients – including analytics, strategic research, etc.
- Attend manager research meetings and/or external conferences, in a support capacity, to help develop technical knowledge and personal career.
- Conduct quantitative analysis by developing and maintaining relevant data, charts, summary views, and detailed analysis in support of our research ratings across various research documents.
- Contribute to post meeting discussions covering key issues and recommended manager ratings.
- Provide ad hoc support to consultants in preparing for internal and external research meetings.
- Assists in the preparation for direct client discussions on managers/strategies.
What you need to have:
- BA/BS degree in finance, economics, or other business-related areas having strong quantitative and analytical analysis.
- 0 to 2 years of applicable experience.
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task, manage multiple priorities and work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Willingness to write is a must.
- High proficiency in Excel and Microsoft office.
What make you stand out:
- Interest in pursuing a CFA.
- Intellectual curiosity, tenacity and willingness to take on new opportunities.
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.