Field Service Tech - IL
Auto Truck Group
$1,000 Sign On Bonus
As a Field Service Technician, you’ll provide on-site service and repair to truck mounted equipment on railroad service vehicles. Equipment includes: cranes, hydraulics, rail conversion equipment, winches, aftermarket electrical components, and other various truck mounted equipment.
The desired location for this position will be in the Bartlett, IL Area.
What will you do?
- Cover an assigned geographical service area utilizing a company vehicle
- Communicate with customers to understand and diagnose problems.
- Make necessary repairs and modifications to truck mounted equipment
- Accurately estimate time and material required for repairs
- Problem solving under little or no supervision
- Inform and communicate suggestions and errors for continuous improvement of trucks
- Monday – Friday work schedule
What are we looking for?
- Minimum of 5 years previous hands on mechanical experience
- Possess automotive troubleshooting skills
- Preferred knowledge of hydraulics, electrical, and/or pneumatics
- Must have positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Some travel required
- Must possess reading skills to utilize service manuals of equipment
- Welding and cutting torch experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Ability to obtain DOT medical card required
- Pass pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background check
What we offer:
Benefits include competitive pay, health, dental and life insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), on the job training and development and much more.
Holman Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.