Senior Financial Analyst
Creative Financial Staffing
About the Company and Opportunity:
• An employee-owned manufacturing company located in the Northern Suburbs looking to add a Senior Financial Analyst to their expanding team. The Senior Financial Analyst will report to the Controller.
• The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for all of the consolidated monthly financial reporting and related variance analysis serving as the key contact for the Operating Company Controllers during the close process. The Senior Financial Analyst will partner with the Corporate Finance Team on special projects, business development, treasury, and the annual audit.
• They offer excellent benefits, including 401K match, healthcare, advancement opportunities, and work/life balance
Overview of the Senior Financial Analyst:
• Prepare the monthly management financial reporting package including Consolidated Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cash Flows and the related variance analysis.
• Work closely with Corporate Management and the Operating Companies to perform financial analysis to support decision-making and improve performance.
• Act as the liaison between the Corporate Office and the Operating Companies as part of the monthly consolidation process.
• Coordinate the development of the annual audited financial statements and the related footnotes.
• Support the timely reporting of financial and covenant compliance data to the banks.
• Assist with the preparation of the Board of Director presentation materials.
• Support the development and consolidation of quarterly forecasts and the annual operating plan.
• Participate in treasury activities including domestic and international wire transfers and ACHs.
• Identify and address needs for improved workflow processes, including centralization, standardization, and automation of procedures.
• Assist with acquisition and disposition activities.
Preferred Qualifications for the Senior Financial Analyst:
• 5+ years' experience in accounting or financial reporting
• CPA preferred but not a must
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and Finance
• Experience working with consolidation system software such as One Stream, Hyperion, etc preferred
• Prior in-depth working knowledge with any ERP system
• Experience with building and maintaining financial ad-hoc reports
• The ability to spot anomalies and mistakes in financial statements
• Manufacturing industry experience preferred
• Advanced Excel skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills