Senior Project Accountant
Creative Financial Staffing
Responsible for adhering to accounting policies and procedures involving the maintenance of a general ledger, analysis of balance sheet accounts, and financial management reporting. Under general direction, is responsible for preparing journal entries in the general ledger, reconciliation of job cost ledgers, project financial analysis.
To be successful as a Senior Accountant, you should have a solid working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and strong financial analysis skills. An outstanding Senior Accountant should also possess strong Excel skills, be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to work with little to no supervision and perform under pressure.
Job duties to include (but not limited to):
- Month and year end closing
- Journal entries
- Inventory management
- Complex account reconciliation
- Job cost accounting
- Reconciles job cost ledgers to general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Prepares journal entries for legal entities, JV's or other special projects.
- Prepares monthly balance sheet reconciliations timely and accurately, as assigned.
- Responsible for supporting month end close and related reporting timely and accurately.
- Assists with preparing the monthly and quarterly financial statements based on US GAAP and IFRS basis.
- Assist with ensuring compliance with internal control guidelines.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting preferred
- Construction accounting experience is strongly preferred
- Must be proficient in Excel
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Must be extremely organized
- Must have strong communication skills