Strategic Planner & Insights - Shopper Commerce
In a complex world, EDGE Marketing strives to keep it simple. It's how we think, strategize and execute for our clients.
EDGE is an agency focused on shopper and consumer activations, no matter where they take place. We do this with a mixture of courage, heart, hustle, and creativity.
An Advantage Solutions agency, EDGE is connected to the leading trends and insights. A start-up at heart, we love to roll up our sleeves and Get. Stuff. Done.
EDGE Marketing is currently seeking a Strategic Planner & Insights in Chicago, IL. This role focuses on Shopper Commerce intelligence digging, researching & storytelling. It continually unearths relevant shopper trends, categories, demographics, cultural and retailer intelligence information for teams to leverage in the development of shopper initiatives, including foundational knowledge, strategic frameworks, and inspiration briefs. This valued team member supports the strategic planning and development team and is instrumental in the aggregation and initial synthesis of data. This position applies research and secondary data to create internal and external client presentations and uses knowledge, marketing expertise, and secondary data tools to begin analyzing and developing insights to support marketing programs independently.
Take this opportunity to join North America’s leading business solutions provider and build your career working with amazing people in a growing industry! Apply today!
What we offer:
- Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401(k) with company match
- Training and Career Development
- Generous Paid Time-Off
- Work in partnership with the senior planning team to meet client-based assignments with regard to competitive insights, syndicated/research data analysis, and custom client research to drive creative strategy development and client shopper communications.
- With limited supervision, develop presentations that demonstrate the ability to “connect the dots” of research, data, and information, yielding actionable conclusions that result in strategically sound marketing solutions/programs.
- Partner with inter-agency client service (field and brand-facing departments), client research departments, and outside research resources to secure data for use in the strategic planning process.
- Identify growth opportunity areas for agency interaction and support.
- Oversee junior team members on quarterly and annual publications related to information sharing for both internal and external use regarding trends in grocery, retail, product categories, and other topics related to shopper marketing.
- Stay abreast of trends in shopper marketing and share industry learning(s) with the agency, client, and external publications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or equivalent job-related experience is required
- Shopper commerce experience a big plus.
- 5+ years of marketing agency experience required.
- Intermediate to mastery skill in analyzing IRI, Nielsen, and other syndicated research data tools to inform strategy and influence actionable marketing plans
- Mastery skill at pulling inquiries via syndicated data tools: P2P, Simmons, Kantar, TNS media, Markettrack
- Experience and confidence with presenting agency work internally and externally in order to effectively sell agency work and creative product