Senior CAD Designer
Hendrickson is searching for a CAD designer to join their current products engineering team in Woodridge, IL.
This individual will be responsible for creating CAD drawings and collaborating with engineering team during product development and design analysis.
- Interface with the engineering team during product development and design analysis iterations.
- Develop suspension components throughout the entire design process.
- Generate suspension/vehicle layouts to determine clearance/interference under varying conditions of load and articulation.
- Create and revise CAD drawings in compliance with the ASME Y14.5M - 1994 Dimensioning and Tolerancing Standard. Create the solid models that are used for the geometry in those drawings. Follow all procedures for creating, revising, and releasing drawings into the CAD system.
- Check drawings in compliance with the ASME Y14.5M - 1994 Dimensioning and Tolerancing Standards.
- Produce tolerance stack studies that 1) ensure proper assembly and function of mating suspension and vehicle components, 2) define the maximum allowable tolerances for manufacturing, and 3) determine the effect of any proposed tolerance changes.
- Participates in APQP supplier and manufacturing reviews and engineering design review meetings.
- Generate CAD data that is required for data exchange with internal and external customers. Translate this CAD data to a format that is compatible with their specific system.
- Support team members in creation of technical publications and customer presentations.
- Support directing and following up with CAD personnel throughout the drawing release/revision process. Support activities that communicate drawing requirements and resolve drawing issues with other functional departments.
- Investigate and improve procedures within the Engineering Department. Identify areas of improvement, provide recommendations, and implement solutions using appropriate tools (e.g. databases, spread sheets, etc.)
- Support the development of new employees through training, ensuring that all CAD processes and procedures will be followed as defined.
- Design and layout test equipment for lab tests.
- Other duties as assigned.
Interested in being considered? The successful candidate will possess:
- Associates Degree or Certificate of Completion in a Design/Drafting Program required or Senior level standing.
- 4 year's minimum experience as a mechanical CAD Designer using a 3D CAD design package. 2 to 3 years' experience with Unigraphics NX 1953 or greater. (must demonstrate proficiency via design test onsite)
- Must be proficient in parametric modeling of components
- Must be proficient in creating assemblies using mating conditions/assembly constraints
- Design experience with the following manufacturing methods preferred:
- Casting, Forging, Weldments, Stamping, Extrusions
- Design experience with the following machining methods preferred:
- Milling, Drilling, Tapping, Boring, Reaming, Broaching, Turning, Forming
- Experience/familiarity with the following inspection methods preferred:
- Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM), Table layout, Functional Gauging
- Must be proficient with Windows and PC applications (e.g. Word, Excel, etc.).
- Must have experience with TeamCenter v.10 or greater.
- Ability to independently interpret and apply the ASME Y14.5M - 1994 Dimensioning and Tolerancing Standards required.
- Ability to effectively complete tolerance stack studies required.
- Ability to effectively translate CAD data (i.e. DXF, IGES, STP) required.
- Ability to review finite element analysis and identify problem areas, offer and implement solutions.
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.