As the Materials Planner for the Supply Chain team at Morton Salt in Chicago, this person will be responsible for:
- Effectively plan materials by placing orders to avoid material shortages while keeping within capacity and receiving constraints and reducing obsolete material
- Collaborate with co-manufacturers, plants, procurement and supply planning to ensure material availability for production at the producing and co-manufacturing facilities.
- Escalate vendor performance issues with procurement to ensure best in class service.
- Oversee the disposition of obsolete, defective or rejected materials
- Collaborate with Supply Planning, Operations and Procurement to develop priorities and action plans in order to fulfill customer needs.
- Lead/participate in cross-functional projects such as Packaging Changes, New Product launches, Seasonal Event Planning, etc. to develop, manage and communicate a timeline and materials plan.
- Maintain / update key system fields, parameters and modifiers that impact the planning process and projected supplier output
- Establish reorder point planning and safety stock levels within MRP for packaging and ingredients at Salt Group manufacturing facilities and at co-packer facilities.
Through a sustainable perspective, our unique team spirit and meaningful tasks, we offer you the opportunity for personal and professional development. You can look forward to: Company Health & Wellness Program: We believe in enhancing the lives of employees, which is why we offer DASH – a holistic well-being program. DASH has 5 important dimensions: health, finance, work/life matters, social, and community. Attractive Benefits: You will receive an attractive benefits package, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Match, Paid Time Off, and Company Paid Holidays.
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce, and is looking for talented individuals with:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations Management or an equivalent functional area.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in inventory planning
- Strong understanding of supply chain dynamics.
- Working knowledge of Material Management systems such as SAP (MRP) required
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with ERP Supply Chain Planning software.
- Strong computer/systems skills including basic MS Office programs
- Ability to learn and adapt to new systems and operations
- Common sense and diplomacy, with a high level of interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Effective problem identification, solving and analytical skills
- Knowledge of key supply chain and inventory performance metrics, turns, margin contributions, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities as well as attention to detail
- Ability to make key decisions on a daily basis independently
- Ability to lead cross-functionally, work in a team environment and collaborate with internal process partners
- Advanced organization and time management skills with ability to manage stress, work under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills and ability to make presentations to small groups
- Knowledgeable, active member of the Supply Chain team
- APICS or other Supply Chain / Logistics Certification encouraged but not required