At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Ensure reliability of utility company operations by creating work packages for repairs, preventative maintenance, and equipment modifications. Develop work plans that ensure that work force operates in a safe and efficient manner by (1) determining applicable utility company policies, programs and processes; (2) identifying relevant codes and standards; and (3) incorporating industry and operational “lesson learned” experiences.
Specific to Field Operations
- Responsible for optimizing the practices, policies, procedures and programs to operate the electric distribution system in a safe, reliable and efficient manner with the welfare of employees, customers, the public and shareholders in mind.
- Plans and coordinates the work accomplished for craft union personnel engaged in the operation and maintenance of company electric facilities and equipment
- Coordinates work in a manner that ensures the safe, efficient, economical and timely completion of work with high regard for customer satisfaction in accordance with strategic initiatives.
- Recommend and execute strategies for completing annual programmatic maintenance.
- Ensure work is identified to proper equipment in company software applications.
- Directs and is responsible for optimizing the practices, policies, procedures and programs to operate the electric distribution system in a safe, reliable and efficient manner with the welfare of employees, customers, the public and shareholders in mind.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
- Provide technical and administrative direction/guidance to work crews via creation of work package instructions to ensure safe and complete work processes.
- Interface and collaborate with all levels of management, from multiple organizations.
- Provide project management over planning initiatives and work practices.
- Select or make procurement recommendation for materials.
Specific to Field Operations
- Plans and coordinates the work activities for Overhead Electrician Specials and/or Area Operators.
- Interfaces with the supervisors of the craft employees engaged in the execution of the preventative/corrective maintenance activities within assigned regional operating area. Provides input into the planning, implementation and execution of the Operations maintenance and reliability programs. Determines manpower necessary for scheduled and emergent operating work to ensure maximum utilization of construction crews.
- Actions have direct impact on reliability and customer satisfaction goals, the public, political, and regulatory opinion of the company.
- Regular contact with Operations Manager & Supervisors, Dispatching, work week managers (both Distribution and T&S), plan, and other employees including community relations personnel, engineering, and energy services organizations.
- Interfaces with the supervisors of the field crews engaged in the execution of the electric meter work in the assigned regional operating area. Determine manpower necessary for scheduled and emergent work to ensure maximum utilization of field crews.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering AND 2 - 5 years experience in the craft or discipline in which he/she will develop planned work packages or schedule field orders, or in lieu of Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of 6 – 9 years experience in craft or discipline in which he/she will develop planned work packages or schedule field orders.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to adapt to new or changing conditions.
- Valid driver’s license or ability to obtain.
- Two or four year technical degree
- Successful completion of core supervisory / management training and development programs
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster