Truck Driver Class A CDL (Regional Work)
- Proper pre-trip, post trip and general care of assigned company truck.
- Maintains effective communication with driver manager on all issues relating to safety, service and quality of work.
- Safely transports freight in accordance with all DOT regulations as well as state and local laws.
- Must maintain the truck in a clean and orderly manner.
- Interact with customers, managers and associates with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism
- Inspect truck and trailer equipment to ensure road worthiness and notifies supervisor of current or anticipated repairs
- Maintain logs currently, and adhere to all hours of service regulations
- Use all appropriate communication devices provided to ensure all records are transmitted on time e.
payroll, PODS, etc.
- Follow prescribed safety and security protocols set forth by the company
- All other duties as assigned.
Details/Specification/Explanation of the role specific skills Good interpersonal skills required.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
One 1-year experience required, generally, prefer over 2 years of experience.
Possess a clean and valid driver's CDL Class A license and relevant endorsements.
Must be able to read, decode, and decipher freight coding; conform with DMV and DOL driving requirements to operate hand trucks and perform tasks in inclement weather conditions.
Must be 21yrs or olderNo more than 3 minor moving violations (within the past 3yrs)Pass the DOT medical exam and provide a Medical CertificateNo DUI's or failures of drug screens (within the past 3yrs)No criminal record in the 10yrs - Benefits Benefits MedicalWe offer a number of plans for a variety of health care services and supplies, including preventative care, inpatient and outpatient services and prescription drugs.
VisionThe option for separate vision coverage for eye exams, frames, and contact lenses.
DentalThe option for separate dental coverage to cover preventative major and basic dental services.
401(k)The company offers a pre-tax 401(k) contribution plan with a company match.
Direct DepositWe offer direct deposit to all employees.
HolidaysOn a calendar year basis, the Company pays all employees 6 major holidays, including New Year's Days, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, plus 4 floating holidays.
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world.
A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference.
With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity