Programming Intern (Fall 2021)
Sinclair Broadcast Group
The Marquee Sports Network Programming Department has an incredible opportunity for a student pursuing a career in sports media or broadcasting! We are seeking a creative, self-starter who is ready for a challenge. In television, a programmer refers to the person who makes the on-air schedule and coordinates the behind-the-scenes efforts to get programs onto your television.
In this role, the Programming Intern may have the opportunity to work with Programming and Traffic professionals and learn the inner workings of a live sports network. Not only will this internship provide the right candidate with a portfolio of work to enhance their resume, but it will give you exposure to a variety of media professionals and the opportunity to learn more about the professional sports and regional sports network industry.
Goals of Internship:
The goal of the Programming Internship is to learn how a regional sports network operates - from schedule creation, on-screen guide population, master control operations, and content acquisition.
- Review on-screen guides and team schedules for accuracy
- Monitor live content on air
- Screen new episodes for content and provide opinion
- Review Master Control schedules for accuracy
- Search for Public Service Announcements and possible programming
- Assist traffic department with various task related to on-air commercials
- Capable of managing and prioritizing multiple projects at once.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Reliable and creative with a strong work ethic.
- Familiarity with business applications (Word, Excel) and presentation applications such as PowerPoint and/or Keynote.
- Motivated self-starter who can work independently, but also enjoys collaboration.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to take feedback fluidly, communicate design decisions, and iterate on tight timelines
- A passion for brand integrity and high attention to detail.
- Keen sense of organization.
- Able to commit approximately up to 15 hours a week.
- Possible availability for some weeknight and weekend events which will be discussed well in advance.
This is a paid internship and receiving credit toward graduation for hours worked is not required.
Marquee Sports Network is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Marquee Sports Network is the television home of the Chicago Cubs in partnership with Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI). It is the Chicago-region’s exclusive network for fans to view live Cubs games and features extensive pre and postgame coverage, exclusive Cubs content and other local sports programming. Marquee Sports Network brings together one of the most iconic sports franchises in the country with one of the largest television broadcasting companies to deliver unprecedented Cubs coverage for fans.
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.