Medline Industries, Inc.
Under general guidance, write copy for complex marketing campaigns that will leverage a wide range of media, such as advertising, brochures, catalog, direct mail, sales scripts and web. Facilitate discussions with product / brand owners to define audience and creates compelling copy that is crisp, clear and error-free. Develop creative, clear written material in support of the organization's communications strategies.
- Confer with clients to determine needs. Discuss with the client the product, advertising themes and methods, and any changes that should be made in advertising copy.
- Write advertising or promotional material. Write advertising copy for use by publication, broadcast, or internet media to promote the sale of goods and services. Write articles, bulletins, sales letters, speeches, and other related informative, marketing and promotional material. Vary language and tone of messages based on product and medium, task.
- Edit written materials. Edit or rewrite existing copy as necessary, and submit copy for approval by supervisor.
- Present ideas, drafts, and final product to clients for approval.
- Develop promotional strategies or plans. Develop advertising campaigns for a wide range of clients, working with creative director and art director to determine the best way to present advertising information.
- Consult with sales, media and marketing representatives to obtain information on product or service and discuss style and length of advertising copy.
- Conduct market research and monitor current trends. Review advertising trends, consumer surveys, and other data regarding marketing of goods and services to determine the best way to promote products. Conduct research and interviews to determine which of a product's selling features should be promoted.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, English or related field.
- At least 4 years copywriting experience writing marketing copy aimed at a broad audience.
Relevant Work Experience
- Copywriting experience within an advertising agency, in-house marketing department or medical related field.
- Experience in controlling and coordinating concurrent projects, competing priorities and critical deadlines.