Ref ID: 01300-0011913477
Classification: Legal Assistant
Compensation: $15.84 to $18.34 hourly
This great opportunity to grow your legal career could be a good fit for you, if you are highly skilled and motivated. We have a great opportunity for a motivated self-starter and standout colleague with good computer skills and ability to multi-task. This long-term contract / temporary Legal Assistant employment is based in the Wheaton, Illinois area. We're looking for people who have a real passion for the legal industry. If your goal is to be a Legal Assistant, this could be just the job for you.
- Maintain the case calendar and observe deadlines
- Compose court filings, sometimes electronically
- Take incoming phone calls and lend an extra ear when phone lines at high volume
- Prepare correspondence and pleadings, plan out service on parties
- Assemble a variety of documents and correspondence
- Aid attorneys with key discovery and client intake
- Uphold the standards of confidentiality at all times
- Maintain the electronic document system as well as file hard copies of documents
- Assist in the preparation of exhibit binders for depositions, trials, and hearings
- Attention to detail and proven ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solid understanding of Administrative Assistance
- Knowledge of Administrative Assistance
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, high-pressure environment, to prioritize tasks and adapt to quick changes while remaining diligent through each task performed
- High-level skills in Internet research, calendaring, word processing and spreadsheets
- Previous legal work experience and a dedication to integrity
- Incoming phone call management skills required
- Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
- Demonstrated enthusiasm to learn new ideas and concepts
This dynamic, growing firm has an excellent opportunity for you to take the next step in your legal career. The ideal candidate is eager to work in a strong team-oriented environment.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5592. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.