Real Estate Accountant
Ref ID: 01300-0011967043
Classification: Real Estate Analyst
To apply for this Real Estate Accountant role, email your resume to John Sadofsky (firstname.lastname@example.org). In the subject line, type "Real Estate Accountant role"
- Ensure timely processing of AP invoices, including coding invoices, inputting invoices into Yardi, check processing, and filing
- Ensure non-tenant cash receipts are deposited, coded, entered into Yardi, and filed
- Work alongside Property Manager for weekly collections process
- Monitoring security deposit activity
- Weekly updates to cash, including monitoring the current cash balance, managing debt service requirements and monthly spending relative to budget.
- Review billing process in Yardi Voyager and verify ledger charges
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Complete monthly reconciliation schedules of all balance sheet accounts
- Reconcile income within balance sheet reconciliations
- Perform DSCR calculations as applicable
- Close periods in AP, AR, and GL each month
- Coordinate 1099 review of payments and prepare filings
- Set up and terminate leases in Yardi
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting (CPA certification strongly preferred)
- 2 to 4 years of experience in Multifamily
- Significant expertise in Excel required
- High energy, self-starter, and a strong desire to be constantly challenged and succeed
- Extremely organized and capable of functioning in a fast paced and changing environment
- Strong Communication skills and passion for accuracy are a must
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.