Laboratory Technician - Laboratory, Part-time
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
The Laboratory Technician will perform routine medical laboratory tests for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. Laboratory Technician provides required technical support to enable the laboratory to function effectively while adhering to correct procedures and health and safety guidelines.
The Laboratory Technician will consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Laboratory Technician will demonstrate Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Core Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, and Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
The Laboratory Technician will:
- Perform and process specimen collection including venipuncture and capillary draws, blood cultures, heel or finger sticks, POC testing, ECG exams and special techniques for difficult, pediatric or geriatric patients.
- Complete or cancel/discharge specimens in the electronic medical record system to ensure compliant billing.
- Distribute laboratory reports to physicians, which involves retrieving test results from Shirley Ryan AbilityLab and/or NMH databases and forward to medical records for scanning into patient’s chart.
- Dispose of potentially hazardous material according to protocol.
- Stock and monitor inventory of laboratory supplies and notify management of shortages.
- Perform ECG exams per physician orders for transmittal to NM Cardiology interpretation
- Perform all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
and you will be sent to our online application.
We ask you to please take a few minutes to fill out the application.
We look forward to speaking with you soon.