Sr Project Construction Manager
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Manage (indirect) Distribution and Transmission & Substation construction of centrally managed projects. Management of construction process to effectively meet scope of work, schedule of work and budget dollars. Implement Standards of Practice for Construction and Program Management and monitor quality of construction. Maintain an environment that promotes safety, diversity, and high productivity taking corrective actions as required.,p>
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage Project Construction, ensuring all work is performed to standard, within budget, on schedule, and by assessing risk to minimize adverse conditions affecting projects including challenging man-hour estimates and participating in job walk downs.
- Manage the tasks being performed by internal and external construction resources to maximize productivity, safety, quality, diversity, and cost savings. Monitor performance and evaluate capabilities. Resolve engineering design, field barriers and delays to meet schedule.
- Act as liaison between Project Management and work groups required to execute project schedule, control project scope, manage dollars, clearance orders and onsite materials management. Lead job site walk downs, meetings with engineering, construction and contract management personnel.
- Monitor project safety and perform weekly safety audits, verify job briefings and safety tailgates. Assist on Root Cause Investigations (RCI), Apparent Case Evaluations (ACE) or operating incident reviews as requested. Review contractor quality assurance and verify compliance through audits, inspections or surveillances.
- Complete all required Training. Participate in Staff and required Project Meetings.
Manage project construction spend for projects across several construction categories impacting Transmission and Distribution facilities. Individual contributor position that interacts routinely with internal and external contacts to manage the construction process to effectively meet scope of work, schedule of work and budget dollars for large and small projects, implement Standards of Practice for Construction and Program Management, and monitor quality of construction.
Internal and external contacts include Senior management, managers, employees, and customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 5 – 8 years of Transmission and/or Distribution construction experience OR high school diploma and 9 – 12 years experience of related Transmission and/or Distribution construction.
- Knowledge of Project Management concepts or principles
- Strong knowledge of the company’s and OSHA safety guidelines and regulations
- Project Management experience.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Proven analytical experience.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively, and foster culture change.
- Demonstrated business acumen, customer awareness and ability to create value.
- Experience administering large dollar project construction and maintenance.
- Knowledge of Asset Suite
- Knowledge of uPPM.
- Previous supervisory experience
- Knowledge of the Bargaining Unit Agreement(s) as it impacts construction of projects and the workforce.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster