Sr Director, Procurement Process & Analytics
Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847) 482-4320 or email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws. Responsibilities
Senior Director – Procurement Process and Analytics
As a Global Procurement Function, we execute as a competitive advantage for PactivEvergreen by unlocking the true potential of our talent, investing in digital enablement and building holistic strategic partnerships that will sustainably serve our customers, communities and environment.
Reporting into the CPO, the Senior Director - Procurement, Global Intelligent Analytics & Process will drive data and analytics discipline in the function. This role will be responsible for understanding and analyzing markets, socio-political and geographical events and their impact on the commodities and materials that we buy. This role will also drive efforts on standardizing KPI’s for various parts of the Procurement organization and drive a global discipline and connectivity between various goals and objectives including Gross Margin expansion, EBITDA, Cash, Productivity etc.
The essential duties include:
- Leadership – lead a team of talented market data and process experts who are passionate about learning, analyzing data and markets, striving to transform our procurement professionals into forward looking, data centric – market experts who utilize facts, data and trends as key levers in their day-to-day supplier negotiations and KPI management.
- Enable digital transformation through the use of state-of-the-art tools and systems
- Ensure sufficient supplier material flow across the supply chain
- Market Intelligence
- Market Intelligence & Analytics for the top spends in Resin, Paper, Chemicals, and Indirect categories
- Drive Market Analysis, Price Forecasting, Cost Modelling, Index Monitoring, and predictive alerts on all categories, driving relevant actions.
- Understanding and analyzing Supply & Demand conditions and developing buy strategies.
- Performing competitor benchmarking and industry outlook analysis that allows better foundation for fact based and intelligent negotiations.
- Analyze, build various system dynamics and regression models that further unlock interdependencies between various variables that compose the material cost structures, and strive to get negotiations to turn into a science-based approach instead of only being gut/art-based approach.
- Materials Management to ensure the timely flow of materials from our suppliers through the entire supply chain
- Risk Management & Governance: With an absolute focus on Risk Management, drive a variety of strategies such as hedging strategies, inventory strategies, appropriate protection and escalation clauses in supplier contracts.
- Be the focal point to collaborate with treasury on the organization's decisions around how to hedge, when to hedge, what to hedge while studying, monitoring and analyzing markets and other geo-political events that have an impact on supply chains and pricing.
- Help the category and fulfilment teams to identify upcoming capacity constraints and make recommendationsto drive strategies to overcome the same.
- Govern behaviors and practices with being the focal point of contact to recommend change in our hedging/risk management strategies. Govern performance of the deviations to see the effectivity of such decisions while learning from them and getting better every day.
- Margin Management: Collaborate with upstream functions such as Sales, Marketing, and pricing to help them maintain and grow margins, whilst working to reduce margin volatility.
- Provide fact based and analysis-based recommendations on how to best protect margins for each of our product lines.
- Data & Metrics Analytics:
- KPI Formulation
- Tracking & Monitoring, closely partner with CPO, CFO to establish key KPI's, facilitate data collection, study -analyze – track the performance and drive actions in alignment with team's objectives, vision, and mission.
- Evolve Data Strategy: Collect & analyze data while staying true to the organization's vision of data analysis.
- Evolve the maturity of the entire Procurement organization and encourage them to utilize data as the basis for driving actions.
- In partnership with Procurement, Operations and Business peers, drive a variety of initiatives which truly have an impact on Gross Margin EBITDA, Cash, Compliance & Risk Management.
- Lead Team in supporting Financial Reporting: Lead the monthly, quarterly, annual reporting along with medium- and long-term planning.
- Work with internal resources to create dashboards, tools in conjunction with our digitization and process simplification strategies.
- Equip and enable our category and procurement teams to drive actions, and successful negotiations through deep level data analysis.
- BA/BS and or MBA
- Expert knowledge of SAP and Supplier Collaboration tools, i.e. E2Open, SNC, etc.
- Ten (10) years of working experience in commodity and material management, procurement data analytics, preferably working as a Leader.
- Useful skills or abilities (not required for consideration)
- Experience in bringing together diverse functions and building teams that include data analytics and warehousing personnel, guiding them through successful data analytic projects
- Experience working in market/business intelligence, strategic planning, project management, and cross-functional business experience as well as vast experience working with large data-sets
- Experience with enterprise data warehouse solutions, statistical analysis tools, database systems, and data visualization applications
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills, capable of developing presentations and comfortable interacting with internal/external stakeholders and senior management.
- Demonstrate exceptionally good leadership skills, including the ability to inspire and lead a large cross-functional group in a unified direction with a common vision. And ability to influence business leadership and executives.
- Procurement Knowledge: Knowledge of Procurement methods, technologies, and processes. General understanding of Direct/Indirect material categories