LTD Commodities LLC
LTD Commodities, the fastest growing division of Amerimark Interactive, is looking for an Assistant Buyer in our Lincolnshire, IL location.
Who We Are:
As one of the country’s premier catalog and online retailers, LTD Commodities has provided a vast array of unique and affordable home décor, housewares, gifts and much more to our customers for over 50 years. From our humble beginnings as a family-run mail-order business, we have grown to become home to 3 national brands: LTD Commodities, The Lakeside Collection, and Fresh Finds. With national catalog circulation and an 85% web-penetrated business, we’re invested in using the power of multi-channel marketing to reach each and every current and potential customer.
LTD provides a collaborative and dynamic environment for you to do what you do best!
Who You Are:
- You have solid analytical skills, and knowledge of retail math
- You are a problem solver and will strive to find the best solutions
- You have a passion for retail and can’t wait to find new products for our customers
- 1+ years of experience supporting a Buyer or working in a retail environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent typing and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s Degree: Business, Merchandising or related field
- Work with and assist the Buyer to achieve product acquisition, sales, and margin goals for your specific product category
- Sourcing for and producing a product assortment that meets or exceeds the business needs
- Interact with vendors daily to gather information, uncover new products, negotiate pricing and facilitate product purchases
- Monitor Buyer's workflow to verify all buys are completed and items scheduled in promotions are progressing
- Analyze product placement within the market including similar products and retail analysis
- Communicate with Advertising Department to provide direction on how to photograph the product. Submit any changes to the ad as directed by Buyer
- Maintain listing of all samples ordered and follows up with vendors until all samples are received
- Answer questions from other departments within LTD regarding products in your category
- Gain product knowledge and understand the long-range business strategy within the areas of responsibility
- Review Product Information Sheets submitted by vendors to insure that all information is complete and accurate.
- Review Product Advertising Sheet to ensure it includes the products’ unique selling features, product specs and overall look of the product in the ad
- Monitor buyer's workflow to verify all buys are completed and items scheduled in promotions are progressing as required
- Review and analyzes department sales history and weekly test sales promotions
- Organizes product samples for the buyer
- Review and provide answers on receipts with issues (shortages, overages and damages)
- Continually develops your skills to move up to Buyer role
We want difference-makers, innovators and thought leaders who will share our vision and shape their futures at LTD. Come join us!
LTD Commodities Perks:
- A benefits package that includes subsidized medical/dental/vision, PTO, and 401(k) with company match and more!
- Business casual work atmosphere with plenty of opportunities to celebrate together
- 35% discount on orders from our brands
- A safe working environment. We follow the recommended guidelines for COVID-19 by masking up, social distancing and keeping our areas clean