Assembler, Electronics/ Electro-Mech. 1
Teledyne Storm Microwave has been providing high quality interconnect products and cable assemblies to domestic and international defense and telecom markets since 1978.
Located near Chicago, Illinois, Teledyne Storm Microwave was one of the first companies to offer high performance flexible and semi-rigid RF/Microwave cable assemblies with low density, tape-wrapped dielectric.
Today, Teledyne Storm Microwave is well known not only for quality products but also for quality customer relations based on an ongoing commitment to honesty and integrity. Building on our decades of microwave transmission line design experience, we continue to solve engineers' interconnect problems by combining leading technology with the Storm legacy of responsive, flexible, committed customer service.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Under close supervision, performs a wide variety of electronic and electro-mechanical subassembly and assembly operations of a semi-skilled nature to build up and assemble simple units such as power supplies, modules, chassis drawers, cable harnesses, PC boards, electronic systems and subassemblies. Solders and de-solders through-hole and surface mount technology (SMT) components. Installs and/or removes discrete components such as transformers, resistors, transistors, capacitors, inductors, etc., on to printed circuit assemblies (PCA’s), panels using both traditional soldering iron and or hot air techniques.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Soldering housings
- Assembling connectors and performing interface gage measurement
- Placing and shrinking marker sleeves and strain reliefs
- Checking mechanical length of cables
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Soldering experience or MIL Standard Soldering Certification (plus)
- Basic Math Skills
- 1-2 years related experience (plus)
- Must possess a high degree of hand/eye coordination and dexterity
- Must be able to read and interpret documents and drawings
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Lift, move and carry parts, bins, boxes, etc. Weight varies
- Must be mobile enough to move about the plant as needed to pull and move inventory, goods and product
- U.S. Person required for this position, includes but is not limited to, U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents
A 'U.S. person' can be
- A U.S. citizen;
- A permanent resident who does not work for a foreign company, a foreign government, or a foreign governmental agency/organization;
- A political asylee;
- A part of the U.S. government, or
- A corporation, business, organization, or group that is incorporated in the United States under U.S. law.
- A foreign person is any person who is not a lawful permanent resident of the US and includes foreign governments and organizations.
Due to the type of work at the facility and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be a 'U.S. Person' (US citizens, US nationals, lawful permanent residents, asylees or refugees).