Direct HIre Electrical Engineer - Peoria, IL
We are currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill a full-time position as an Electrical Engineer proficient in the design of building and facility electrical systems located in Peoria, IL. This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join a team of experienced professionals, and the opportunity to apply the latest technology to help our clients solve their most challenging problems.
This individual will work with engineers, designers, product representatives and clients (architects, contractors, project owners) on various projects regarding electrical design, power design, lighting design, and telecommunications including developing specifications and cost estimating. He/she will attend meetings, perform site visits and site assessments and control overall management of projects. He/she will ensure that projects are in accordance with applicable Building Codes and/or IEEE standards. This position is primarily responsible for coordinating, implementing, executing, controlling and completing a project’s electrical engineering components.
- Provides leadership in planning and implementation of projects.
- Interfaces with clients and sub-consultants.
- Facilitates the defining of project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Defines project tasks and resource requirements.
- Develops full scale project plans.
- Provides electrical engineering direction and support to project team.
- Manages project’s electrical engineering budget and maintains overall project profitability.
- Coordinate billings each month with the accounting dept.
- Manages project hours and allocation.
- Plans and schedules project timelines to achieve deadlines.
- Tracks project deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Participates in quality assurance.
- Monitors, adjusts, and reports on progress of the project to management and the client.
- Presents reports defining progress, problems and solutions associated with the project’s electrical components.
- Implements and manages project’s electrical changes/scope changes.
- Helps and assists in writing fee proposals and additional service requests regarding a project’s electrical components.
- Manages the construction administration tasks on projects for the electrical engineering scope of work
- The candidate shall have a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with 7+ years of experience in the design of the electrical components for various types of building systems consisting of some or all of the following types of developments: Retail, Commercial, Education, Municipal, Public Safety, and Industrial.
- Working knowledge of design, layout, and analysis of fire alarm and low-voltage systems is a plus.
- A registered Professional Engineer in Illinois or ability to obtain P.E. within 6 months is required.
- Candidate should possess strong communication (written/oral) and computer skills along with knowledge/capability of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and AutoCAD. Familiarity/experience with REVIT is a plus.
All potential candidates must be able to work on a W2, we are not open to Corp to Corp. U.S. visa sponsorship is NOT available for the role.