Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
iagnostic testing is a compass, providing information that helps in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of a range of health conditions.
Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools give you accurate, timely information to better manage your health. We’re empowering smarter medical and economic decision making to help transform the way people manage their health at all stages of life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott’s diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of people.
Conducts research utilizing multiple experimental techniques.
Investigates and develops new procedures under the guidance of a research scientist, project coordinator, or R&D Manager.
May act as lead scientist on one project and contributor to other projects.
Interacts with other groups and shares information; participates in team activities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU’LL BRING:
- B.S. /M.S. in in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, cell biology or related field with work experience in an industry.
- Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting IVD’s and Biologics, including FDA requirements, ISO 9001 and GMP guidelines
- Knowledge of fluorescence in situ hybridization technique and fluorescent microscopy.
- Ability to organize experiments, process knowledge and data with strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to think logically and creatively and be innovative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to efficiently evaluate, prioritize and handle multiple and changing projects and priorities
- Desire to work within a team and demonstrated ability to adapt to changing needs consistent with demands of the workgroup
- Research experience in molecular biology, specifically in developing, validating and implementing DNA detection methods.
- Experience with Fluorescent In Situ Hybridization techniques and experience with solid tumor FISH assays and imaging systems and analysis software for solid tumor analysis would further strengthen this candidate’s opportunity.
- Knowledge of statistical data analysis and DOE methodology is a plus.
- Experience working under FDA Design Control requirements
- Additional experience may include assay development in R&D environment, troubleshooting issues, writing protocols and records.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.