VP, IT Guest Applications
Live the experience. From professional empowerment to continual learning opportunities. From ongoing investment in new and emerging technologies to a career of self-determination. At Ulta Beauty, our tech team is critical to our scalability—and is recognized that way. We’ve been defined as a “mature start-up.” A place where interdepartmental exposure, open doors, and genuine collaboration is ubiquitous. Where challenges come fast and furious, requiring agility, mental dexterity, and creativity. Where our passion for better solutions drives us and is core to who we are.
We’re engineering for the future of retail, and it’s no-holds-barred. But for those motivated by continual change and ambiguity, by superior leadership, by whip smart colleagues who will press you daily for your very best, you’ll find that virtually nothing’s impossible at Ulta Beauty.
THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The Vice President, Guest Applications will be a key information technology (IT) executive overseeing a large portfolio of technology applications for Ulta. This executive will be responsible for leading a high performing team focused on the applications portfolio that supports stores, eCommerce, marketing and data/analytics (integration). As a result, this is an extremely visible, highly critical, technology and leadership role. S/he will design, build, and support the capabilities that will be critical to the attainment of Ulta’s strategic business objectives.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The VP, Gust Application is responsible for the design, build and support functions for the guest-facing application development portfolio and will collaborate closely with senior cross-functional business leaders to ensure the continuous delivery of business value.
- Lead the evaluation and adoption of new technologies (own the decision process), including defining the capability roadmap needed to accomplish Ulta’s strategic business objectives.
- Embrace and promote a culture of user centricity, speed and agility, and efficiency/effectiveness; lead the organization to adopt agile ways of working to achieve these objectives.
- Leverage deep retail/consumer experience and a strong industry network to identify emerging trends that are opportunities for, or threats to, the enterprise.
- Drive service and operational excellence while supporting internal and external business partners.
- Maintain a culture of reliability and innovation within his/her organization to ensure ongoing flexibility, scale, and adoption of best practices.
- Drive strategy, innovation, and best practices for IT Applications across stores, eCommerce, marketing and data/analytics (integration).
- Develop and maintain relationships with senior leadership business partners to ensure their needs are being met and priorities are set at the appropriate levels.
- Create a team culture that is committed to collaborative cross-functional relationships and service excellence.
- Provide vision for the application development roadmap and use that to guide the budget planning process.
- Continue to grow and develop a dynamic team of high performers. Provide direct reports all the support and tools required to enable them to effectively manage the growth and development of their associates
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or CIS and a Master’s Degree preferred, with 15+ years of technology leadership from a consumer-facing industry with strong commercial acumen, technical proficiency and exceptional leadership skills.
- Able to design systems, processes and procedures that scale to meet the needs, risks, challenges and opportunities of a growth organization.
- Possess the necessary balance of strategic vision coupled with hands-on leadership when needed
- Able to build relationships across all layers of the organization, as well as lead, develop and leverage her/his team.
- Demonstrated ability to lead large-scale initiatives across multiple applications with a thorough understanding of the key needs of a complex organization.
- Reputation for excellent peer-leadership, prioritization, strategic thinking, communication, analytic and quantitative skills, and an ability to be aware of, and interpret technological latest trends to create unique future business opportunities.
- Track record of continuous improvement and innovation within an organization.
- Ideally, this executive will have a background in multi-location operations, and have experience designing solutions for digital, multi-channel, customer-facing technology platforms.
- Experience and success in designing, implementing, deploying, and modernizing systems, and implementing digital technology solutions across all channels that touch the customer experience.
- Ideal candidates will also possess strong working and relevant knowledge of eCommerce, software development and store systems and data/analytics integration platforms so they can lead the evaluation and implementation of new innovative technology solutions
COLORADO PAY RANGE
At this time, Colorado residents are not eligible for this position.
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty’s own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring—hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.