Health Consulting Analyst - Chicago
Marsh and McLennan
Mercer’s 2,500+ US Health consultants deliver disciplined, consistent approaches to benchmarking, data analytics, financial management, marketing, compliance and communication. Our client focus, integrity, expertise, and innovation are why clients choose Mercer. We are committed to setting the industry standard for ethical and transparent business practices.
Mercer is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Chicago office:
Health Consulting Analyst
What can you expect?
- As a health consulting analyst, you will work closely with senior consultants in the design, financing, pricing, and administration of client companies’ health and welfare programs
- You will be part of teams that plan designs, contribute strategies, and conduct benchmark studies that meet your client’s benefit and financial needs.
- Our stimulating and learning-filled environment will help you build strong relationships with your colleagues and our clients.
What is in it for you?
- You will be challenged to deliver impactful solutions for major organizations and have a direct impact on their employees
- The chance to fine tune your natural skills and learn new ones
- Opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry
- Excellent growth, mobility and advancement opportunities
- Top benefits including: medical, dental, vision, 401k, and generous PTO
We will count on you to:
- Assist senior consultants with reviewing client needs, recommending suitable approaches, and helping implement benefit program strategies
- Collect, analyze, and interpret health care data for reporting to the client
- Acquire knowledge about the insurance vendor marketplace, plan designs, health care cost factors, and the renewal process for health and group benefit programs
- Coordinate the Request for Proposal (RFP) process on behalf of a client
- Help write and structure client communications, including proposals, reports, spreadsheets, and presentations
What you need to have:
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office—Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of data analysis, project management, and presentation design
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity; seeking opportunities to develop new skills
- Ability to work in teams and be flexible to work under tight deadlines and changing client needs
- Superior organizational skills and strong attention to detail
What makes you stand out?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Public Health, or other related field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.