Community Outreach Specialist 27092
One of the largest health insurers in the nation is focused on continuously building an industry-defining, world-class IT capability. Healthcare is forever evolving, especially due to emerging technologies, making this a great experience to add to your resume. Come join their winning team!
This contract role as a Community Outreach Specialist in Chicago, IL is responsible for managing community relations activities. This role is remote until a return to work is established.
• Responsible for managing community relations activities.
• Responsible for establishing and maintaining positive relationships with non-profit organizations.
• Responsible for coordinating and supporting community Health Fair outreach activities and education events.
• Responsible for promoting Care Van Program (Mobile Service Van) with community stakeholders and influencers.
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with co-workers, management, customers, etc.
• Comply with HIPAA, Diversity Principles, Corporate Integrity, Compliance Program policies and other applicable corporate and departmental policies.
• Maintain complete confidentiality of company business.
• Maintain communication with management regarding development within areas of assigned responsibilities and perform special projects as required or requested.
• Bachelor Degree in Communication or Marketing Management, OR 4 years community relations or marketing experience.
• 2 years experience in the health insurance industry.
• Experience developing and implementing community initiatives numerous non-profit organizations.
• Experience managing multiple tasks and projects involving internal/external customers.
• Public speaking experience.
• Ability to manage, coordinate and motivate volunteer teams.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule and travel statewide for community events, health fairs, and other activities, including evening, weekends, and overnight stays.
• Independent judgment to meet priorities.
• Creative thinking and problem solving skills.
• PC proficiency to include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, as well as graphics programs
Preferred Job Requirements:
• Experience in community outreach and education.
• Ability to speak Spanish fluently
Solving IT is pleased to offer a rich benefit plan to our W2 employees. We offer five health plan options and a PPO dental plan through Blue Cross Blue Shield, Term Life/AD&D Insurance, and 401(k) Savings Plan. Solving IT subsidizes the health and dental premium for the employee.
As you continue to develop your skills and experience, Solving IT will work with your changing preferences to match you with rewarding projects. Our unrivaled reputation for quality is demonstrated through our Inavero Best of Staffing award that was won due to the feedback from our own clients and candidates. We also love to socialize and have fun so we have regularly scheduled parties and events for you to unwind and network with fellow consultants.
Whether you are searching for your next challenge or just looking to stay on top of market trends, Solving IT is committed to help position you appropriately. By leveraging the latest market and compensation data available, you can rest assured that you are getting more than just an informed opinion. You are getting the Solving IT Experience.