Sr Tech Project Manager 27067
One of the world’s most prominent derivatives marketplace is focused on seeking highly motivated individuals to help foster their corporate culture and uphold their core values with integrity. In this role, you will be working with the most advanced trading technology and industry-leading clearing and risk management capabilities. Come join their world-class team!
This contract role as a Sr. Tech Project Manager in Chicago, IL is responsible on the delivery of high-risk projects within IT involving many different stakeholders from developers, to QA staff, to business owners, operations staff, and various IT management groups. Plays the role of “execution manager” acting as the “general contractor” for the project and as the liaison to the project owner. Role also advocates for the overall project goals across the larger organization. Possesses strong technology solution and integration awareness of managed projects. Often also may serve as lead business analyst and/or functional architect on projects. Leads the implementation and introduction of new systems and technologies. Demonstrates responsibility in communication processes. Proactively participates in planning discussions and scheduling decisions. Accountable for the delivery of products on deadlines, while maintaining budgetary responsibilities and keeping the project in scope.
US citizens and Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.
• Leads the implementation of projects, coordinating efforts in multiple medium-to large-scale projects of an increasingly complex and larger scale.
• Possesses strong technology solution awareness and can lead design change and troubleshooting activities during implementation.
• Frequently serves as lead business analyst and/or functional architect on projects
• Works with senior and lead staff to ensure all projects are executing in accordance with the approved solution, escalating technology issues when necessary, clearing able to identify issues and risks while observing projects schedules, budgets, and timelines, and evaluating progress.
• Performs basic project management functions while often partnering with other project managers on larger projects.
• Candidate should be highly engaged, results-oriented, assertive, entrepreneurial in spirit with respect for technology and business analysis with a focus on helping to deliver medium to large projects.
• Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills required.
• Excellent grasp of integration, interface and/or architectural design concepts
• Excellent business analysis requirements solicitation skills
• The candidate needs to exhibit good business judgment, the ability to direct and critique the work of others while maintaining a collaborative team environment.
• Appreciation for process in general, interested in accountability and decision traceability as well as aspirations towards leadership.
• 6-8 years of previous experience with IT Business Analysis and/or Software Engineering/Architecture.
• Experience with managing projects and/or programs with varying degrees of complexity and organizational integration is a definite plus.
• Experience with infrastructure technology or security projects is a plus, as is a background in consulting.
• Knowledge of project management processes, organizational change management concepts, and business process improvement methods are all a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required. Liberal arts majors will be considered
Solving IT is pleased to offer a rich benefit plan to our W2 employees. We offer five health plan options and a PPO dental plan through Blue Cross Blue Shield, Term Life/AD&D Insurance, and 401(k) Savings Plan. Solving IT subsidizes the health and dental premium for the employee.
As you continue to develop your skills and experience, Solving IT will work with your changing preferences to match you with rewarding projects. Our unrivaled reputation for quality is demonstrated through our Inavero Best of Staffing award that was won due to the feedback from our own clients and candidates. We also love to socialize and have fun so we have regularly scheduled parties and events for you to unwind and network with fellow consultants.
Whether you are searching for your next challenge or just looking to stay on top of market trends, Solving IT is committed to help position you appropriately. By leveraging the latest market and compensation data available, you can rest assured that you are getting more than just an informed opinion. You are getting the Solving IT Experience.