Shipping/Receiving Clerk - 2nd Shift
WestRock (NYSE:WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s team members support customers around the world from locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Shipping/Receiving Clerk - 2nd Shift
2300 Internationale Parkway
Woodridge, Illinois, 60517
GENERAL PURPOSE: Ship customer orders daily using LTL or small parcel carriers. Receive WIP, finished goods, and raw material inventory and places them into the warehouse racks. Fulfill pick and pack orders. Work in a safe, accurate and productive manner to meet shipping and receiving deadlines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prints and reviews the dispatch shipping report daily, determines which orders are shipping each day.
- Communicates with department Managers/Supervisors to get continuous updates on order status.
- Prepares shipments according to client specifications and/or shipping instructions provided by the CSR or Sales Support team.
- Communicates with CSR or Sales Support team to complete shipments and paperwork accurately, including commercial invoices and advanced shipping notices.
- Utilizes automatic stretch wrapper.
- Contacts carriers to arrange for shipment pickups.
- Loads/unloads trailers, ensuring wheel chocks are used.
- Verifies that the product being unloaded matches the BOL and packing slip.
- Completes training and maintains license for Fork Lift.
- Fulfills pick and pack orders.
- Receives/puts away/maintains WIP, FG and RM inventory accuracy.
- Prepares for and facilitates physical inventory process.
- Researches and resolves inventory discrepancies.
- Ensures that materials are issued to appropriate job.
- Conducts cycle counts.
- Ensures inventory accuracy for all raw materials, WIP, parts and finished goods.
- Ensures dock doors are closed and secured when not being used.
- Recycles material according to SOP-MATL-0001.
- Acknowledges location of materials and update moves in the system.
- Manages the Scratch off label inventory in HSP
- Manages sleeve inventory in the plant
- Manages the Labels, Plastic wrap material, glue, and ribbon in affixing
- Moves raw materials to a staging location.
- Optimizes stock locations on an ongoing basis.
- Retrieves stock as necessary for jobs.
- Manifests and loads recycled material
- Maintains a clean and organized work space in staging areas and dock.
- Adheres to company organization and 5’s policies.
- Adheres to company safety and security policies.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum 1-3 years fork lift driving experience required.
- Minimum 1-3 years parcel shipping system experience required (UPS/FedEx).
- Minimum 1-3 years ERP, WMS or other inventory management software experience required.
- Minimum 1-3 years RF scanners/barcoding experience required.
- Strong communication skills, including the demonstration of tact, sensitivity, and professionalism.
- Must be highly organized with attention to detail.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to perform intermediate arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must have strong computer skills (email, word processing, etc.)
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.