Quality Auditor 1st and 2nd shifts-Major Location
Quality Auditor- Pay Rate of $19.00 per hour
Hours: 1st Shift (3:30am to 1pm) Monday through Saturday
2nd Shift (1pm to 10pm) Monday through Saturday
*Double Time on Sundays* OT after 40 hours worked!
The QA Auditor will be responsible for biological and chemical evaluation of final product, intermediate products, raw materials, and production facilities. Perform tests on raw, in-process, and finished products and environment to ensure compliance with product specification requirements and environmental program using knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures.
Job Duties Include:
- Prepare, record, and tests product samples, both microbiological and analytical, from designated areas in the plant.
- Collect, record, and test routine environmental swabs as required for environmental program.
- Conduct analytical tests on intermediate and finished product samples.
- Request finished product samples for internal microbiological testing and submission to third party laboratories.
- Maintain proper documentation of all sample collection and testing.
- Communicate discrepancies and deviations in tests results in a timely manner.
- Verify compliance and alert manager of any deviations from specifications.
- Maintain a clean workspace in the laboratory environment.
- Work on individual projects as assigned.
- Ensure that company's Food Safety program is adhered to.
- Record and compile test results, and prepare COA, graphs, charts, and reports.
- Work with Scheduling/ Production personnel to ensure test results are obtained in a timely manner.
- Maintain all lab equipment in neat and orderly manner.
- Maintain detailed, legible, and neat records of analytical work performed in log books, forms, documents and computer entries.
- Perform and document daily and weekly calibration checks, stability checks, system suitability tests of instruments and conduct calculations according to policies and procedures.
- Record and validates data in the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Prepare and standardize solutions as needed and assure solutions are within expiration date.
- Report results, difficulties or abnormalities to appropriate personnel and enter data in appropriate data system when required.
- Properly store and label all chemicals, solutions, and solvents in designated safe storage areas.
- Maintain continuous good housekeeping practices, dispose samples as needed, and cleans glassware.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Ensure adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- Standing, walking, and climbing for 8+ hours a day.
- Must be able to handle varying temperatures per department, between 45 - 80+ degrees.
- Work is generally performed within a manufacturing environment subjected to temperatures of cold and warm along with wearing the proper PPE, with standard office equipment available along with plant manufacturing environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, walk, use hands or finger, talk, hear, feel objects, tools, or controls; may be required to lift up to 50 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision to a computer screen.
OSI Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that believes everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect. OSI does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications and business needs. OSI participates in the E-Verify program.