Project Manager- Construction- Chicago
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Project Manager will be responsible for working on ground up, retail, and commercial construction projects. Additionally, the Project Manager will act more as an Owner's Representative as opposed to a construction Project Manager. They will work with real estate managers, bid for architects, and work with new tenants on getting costs and estimates. The Project Manager will gain exposure to all sides of the construction and development business.
My client is a smaller company that is growing rapidly. They do mostly ground up retail and commercial construction projects. A big selling point is their casual culture. They allow workers opportunity to work anywhere and embrace the hybrid working model. Additionally they allow workers option for flexible work hours. Additionally the company is smaller so their is great opportunities for growth. It is a very collaborative work environment where workers are given freedom to make own decisions.
- Work closely with pre-construction team to understand the client objectives
- Communicate with clients throughout the budgeting and planning process
- Collaborate with site superintendent(s) to ensure labor coverage for the project
- Communicate and facilitate and change orders to superintendent and subcontractors
- Create and manage a strict budget and schedule
- Manage any conflict between client, subcontractors, and superintendents
- Mentor Project Engineers and Assistant Project Managers
- Manage close-out and punch list
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or Architecture.
- 3-7 years of successful completion of construction projects as a Project Manager
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, Prolog
- Ability to interpret construction documents
- A strong knowledge of construction industry laws, contracts, finances, insurance claims avoidance, and liability aspects
- Knowledge of construction engineering principals: methods, schedules, estimating, materials, and sequencing
- $100k base salary
- Annual bonus, 20%+
- Top tier medical, dental, vision benefits
- 401K (5% match)
- Company phone, tablet, laptop
- Mileage reimbursement
- 4 weeks PTO