VP Strategic Collaborations
As the leading provider of molecular solutions in the clinical and life sciences market, we are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic and dependable leader to join our team in this collaborative and researched based position. The Vice President of Strategic Collaborations will proactively build and manage executive level relationships within the POA network through internal and external cross collaborative efforts, top to bottom. This role will leverage key relationships with our Precision Oncology Alliance, which is comprised of leading academic institutions and cancer centers nationwide. In addition, this relationship focused role will identify potential partners and build collaborative relationships with new sites nationwide.Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development of new and existing customer relationships for Caris’ Precision Oncology Alliance and institutions of strategic significance
- Establish and develop productive, professional relationships with Executive leadership and key personnel and cross collaboratively leverage these relationships in support of strategic initiatives
- Participate in Executive level discussions regarding collaborative projects for members of the Precision Oncology Alliance
- Monitor and communicate on clinical molecular genomics developments, i.e. competitors, new technology, new test offerings, etc.
- Collaborate with Executive Leadership, Medical and Commercial team to develop strategic initiatives and develop Executive relationships in key institutions
- Utilize a collaborative approach across Company to maintain key clinical accounts in assigned territory
- A Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a sales, consultative or account management capacity managing high level relationships
- Executive sales, academic institution and community alliance building and account management experience
- 50 – 60% travel within designated territory
- MBA, PhD or M.S. preferred
- Experience with Executive level collaborative sales and initiatives of strategic significance with Molecular Diagnostics, Anatomic Pathology and/or Genomics is a plus
- A motivated, goal-orientated individual who can work effectively, both independently and as part of a team.
- A professional outward appearance and attitude, with superior oral/written communication skills, including strong negotiation skills.
- Strong interest in cell/molecular biology, with knowledge of drug discovery and development processes and platforms.
- Proven ability to manage time effectively, respond quickly to changing priorities, and adapt within a fast-paced environment.
- Possess problem-solving and analytical skills, with strong computer proficiency.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Drive for Results (Service, Quality, and Continuous Improvement) – Ensure procedures and processes are in place that lead to delivery of quality results and continually reassess their effectiveness to achieve continuous improvement
- Communication – Proficient verbal and written communication skills; willingness to share and receive information and ideas from all levels of the organization in order to achieve the desired results
- Teamwork – Commitment to the successful achievement of team and organizational goals through a desire to participate with and help other members of the team
- Customer Service Focus – Demonstrate a focus on listening to and understanding client/customer needs and exceeding service and quality expectations