Bilingual Sales Representative - Remote
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that can come true. Already one of the world’s leading health care companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions, and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance.
Positions in this function are responsible for providing expertise and customer service support to members, customers, and / or providers. Direct phone - based customer interaction to answer and resolve a wide variety of inquiries. Employees in jobs labeled with "SCA" must support a Government Service Contract Act (SCA) Agreement.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
You must provide verification you hold the appropriate state licenses at point of offer extension, and upon hire you successfully complete our AARP Sales Agent New Hire training class, you may be eligible for a $1,000 sign on bonus.
Your licensed and appointment will be captive through United HealthCare.
- Provide excellent customer sales experience
- Meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards
- Excellent communication skills coupled with the capability to multi-task through several different automation systems is required for the candidate to be successful in the role
- Sit at workstation for a long duration using a computer and headset to interact with customers
- Conduct research to identify solutions and answers to difficult customer inquiries
- Overcome customer objections and compete with yourself and other agents to succeed and hit goals
- Resolve customer service inquiries which could include:
- Benefit and Eligibility information
- Billing and Payment issues
- Customer material requests
- Identify customer needs and provide solutions that address such needs
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing & potential customers and make recommendations/present suitable products based on their needs
- Upsell products and services to customers when providing telecommunication solutions
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) or 10+ years of equivalent working experience
- Fluent in Spanish/English
- Resident Health License in your state of residence is required
- 1+ years of sales experience analyzing and identifying customer needs
- Must have a hard wired, high speed internet connection
- Experience in an office setting environment using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform job duties
- Ability to navigate a computer while on the phone
- Ability to remain focused and productive each day though tasks may be repetitive
- Ability to use or quickly adapt to CRM programs and other related computer programs
- Maintain a courteous and friendly disposition when interacting with customers irrespective of their temperament or mood
- Possess strong verbal communication skills including the ability to handle objections
- Build positive work relationship with customers to enhance the image and public perception of a company
- Goal-oriented with a focus on achieving sales objectives
- Competitive personality and self-motivation
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $15.00 to $19.23. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Optum, sales representative, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #RPO