Senior Financial Analyst, Global Supply Chain
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
ABOUT ABBOTT DIAGNOSTICS:
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations — with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
Our location in Lake Forest, Illinois currently has an opportunity for a Senior Financial Analyst, Global Supply Chain.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
This Senior Financial Analyst, Global Supply Chain role provides a unique opportunity to gain experience and insight into the Core Diagnostics Global Supply Chain Organization and is a key member of the Global Manufacturing Operations Finance team. This role acts as a financial partner for the Global Distribution organization and provides guidance and analytics during the Abbott planning cycles, month end close and for on-going business decisions. As the subject matter expert on Distribution and Freight, this role is also the go-to person for the Finance organization and exercises oversight over several P&L lines. The role will be focused on supporting the Lake County Distribution Center (LCDC), as well as supporting Planning, and Purchasing. Additionally, as a Headquarters role, this position offers an international perspective with responsibility for the global consolidation of Supply Chain financial data. Lastly, the role also provides an interesting opportunity to oversee and improve the Core Diagnostics Global Freight allocation process and to interact with our international affiliates.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Ownership of P&L and Balance Sheet forecasting cycles through close communication with our business partners in Global Planning & Purchasing, Lake County Distribution Center (LCDC) and LCDC Freight management. This role serves as the Finance expert and “go-to” person for these key areas.
- Drive value added insights through the preparation of various management presentations, financial modeling, financial analyses, and related consultation to senior divisional management in planning and achieving short- and long-term financial objectives
- Review and drive Actual financial data during month-end close including journal entry preparation, spend/headcount review, variance analysis and month end reporting.
- Develop and publish monthly analyses for Global Freight allocation of LCDC inbound/outbound freight invoices (~$80MM annually)
- Develop and publish monthly analyses for LCDC Inventory Exposure Reserves
- Conduct regular financial reviews with business partners to communicate financial performance, key business issues and provide insights to help the business achieve financial goals.
- Verify that monthly departmental expense, payroll & HR information is accurate.
- Understands and applies complex concepts, facilitates interpretation and understanding of data.
- Identifies risks; proposes recommendations and solutions to issues. Implements solutions for problem resolution.
- Proactively review financial processes and implements improvements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor's degree with concentration in accounting or finance.
- 3-5 years of finance experience to include roles of increasing responsibility in accounting and/or finance.
- Prior financial planning and/or cost accounting experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to provide data and analysis to support decision making, methodical approach to problem solving and rational ideas supporting them, ability to keep learning and to teach others, traditional accounting knowledge and facilitator of management needs, streamlining functions within the department and an efficient work ethic.
- Strong written and verbal communication; ability to communicate technical accounting concepts clearly and concisely with non-finance partners.
- Prior experience with Symphony/SAP and TM1 (or similar financial planning systems).
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.