Financial Analyst Intermediate
Gallagher Bassett is the premier provider of global claims services, dedicated to exceptional customer service and demonstrably superior outcomes. GB helps people, teams and businesses overcome adversity and loss through the guiding expertise of over 5,000 claims professionals, all committed to going beyond expectations in the continuous pursuit of a better way.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reports financial status by preparing and analyzing financial plans, forecasts, and reports.
- Provide support to business, through information analyses (e.g. current processes, actual performance vs. budget and prior year, budget, etc.), preparation of operational data/analyses for publication to various constituents throughout company (Management, Sales, Product Management, Operations, etc.) who rely on/benefit from the information to make informed business decisions.
- Tracks financial status by monitoring variances from plan.
- Determines financial status by comparing and analyzing plans and forecasts with actual results. Improves financial status by analyzing results and variances; identifying trends; recommending actions.
- Creates financial decision support for Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data. Increases productivity by developing automated applications; eliminating duplications; coordinating information requirements.
- Provides information to management by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes finance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Including but not limited to revenue, margin, expense analysis and unit costing.
- Primary responsibilities will include assisting Financial Planning & Analysis team in the Monthly Operations Review, identification of areas for cost reductions and operational improvements, annual budget process, periodic forecasting, and periodic analysis of operations performance.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures.
- Collaborate with business partners to deliver accurate and timely results, including relevant variance explanations.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 or more years related experience
- Strong PC and Microsoft application skills
- Excel expertise required (pivots, V-lookups, macros)
- Access and Sequel preferred
- Cognos and JDEdwards preferred
- General Ledger knowledge preferred
- Prefer degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA, CMA or CFA preferred
- Highly motivated with the ability to work on a team as well as independently and drive results.
- Comfortable in an environment with changing priorities, and competing demands for time.
- Highly motivated with ability to drive results. Ability to work extended hours as required.
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.