Human Resources Specialist
About Everywhere Wireless
Come make a difference in a growing technology company, unlike any other in Chicago! Everywhere Wireless competes with Comcast and AT&T to provide internet access to business and residential customers throughout Chicago and its first ring suburbs. Using the most advanced microwave and fiber-optic technology, EW has disrupted the status quo in the ISP space by providing customers with a superior Internet experience, all-the-way-around. Just see our 5-star Google and Yelp! Ratings.
As the Human Resources Specialist, you will partner with our executive leadership in all functions to build our team. We strive to be a place where employees want to come to work - where we improve the lives of our employees and their families. Our goal is to become one of the best places to work in Chicago and we are pursuing that goal with significant resources and focus.
This role is geared towards a fast-moving innovator that is willing to identify ways to build our internal team and create a dynamic culture. We’re looking for a candidate with experience in growing the capabilities of a Human Resources department – from recruitment to compliance, on-boarding to developing a strong internal culture. You will be able to work autonomously and efficiently to ensure the end-to-end running of HR projects and operations. We are constantly trying new strategies to make Everywhere Wireless a great place to work, so come ready to make an impact.
You will report to the Chief of People but are given the opportunity to drive change and lasting impact for our team. This role is based in Chicago, working from the newly remodeled West Loop office space 3 days a week, with an optional 2 days of work from home after initial training and onboarding.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Through our applicant tracking system, JazzHR, manage the recruitment process from job opening to on-boarding. This includes applicant recruitment and sourcing, guiding top candidates through the process, conducting reference and background checks, drafting employment offers, and completion of employee paperwork. We’ve made it an easy and automated process, so your role is adding the human touch.
- Maintain records of personnel-related data in both paper and digital platforms.
- Document, update and enforce HR policies and procedures. Identify and evaluate current benefits and policies; suggest upgrades and updates and execute on those suggestions.
- Be the lead in employee relations and questions, including benefits, leave, compensation, and resignation as well as employment verification, worker’s compensation, candidacy follow-ups, etc.
- Work to enhance the company’s culture through events, initiatives, professional and personal development, and other creative ways to make Everywhere Wireless a great place to work.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with labor regulations on the local, state and federal levels.
- Evaluate and improve on internal processes and systems including on-boarding, internal learning and training, goals and employee evaluation, team building, compliance, off-boarding, and any areas of possible enhancement.
- Identify and create new systems, platforms, technologies, processes, events, speakers to promote employee learning, development and satisfaction.
- Identify areas of innovation and improvement to build a strong department utilizing external platforms, service providers and developing culture-building programs.
- Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics to drive internal decision making.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, business, communication, or other business-related field
- 2+ years HR, culture and talent development or administrative experience
- Understanding of general human resource policies and procedures
- Understanding of employment/labor laws
- Proven customer service or people management skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills and comfort with new technologies, platforms and systems
- Excellent record keeping skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work comfortably under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Salary: $40,000 – $70,000 significantly depending on experience
- Health and Dental benefits; Retirement plan; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; and more great perks.
Why Everywhere Wireless:
We want you to come to work excited to make an impact. If you have a strong work ethic, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a common-sensed approach to business, you will fit right in. We value initiative and reward employees that exceed goals, objectives, and expectations. Our headquarters was recently redesigned by an award-winning firm and is located in the West Loop technology hub alongside Google, Echo, Belly, Jump Trading, Lightbank and many other fast-growing technology companies. The office is within easy walking distance to the CTA, Michelin-rated restaurants, entertainment venues and the Fulton Market District. The company is heavily involved with the Chicago community with participation ranging from charity events, to non-profit volunteer work, to supplying many of Chicago's beaches and parks with free Wi-Fi through its partnership with the City of Chicago.