VP Sales MidWest
The VP, Sales - MidWest is a managing seller responsible for prospecting and closing sales in Company’s Market Leading Contextual Advertising platform. Reporting to the Chief Growth Officer (CGO), this role is responsible for leading and developing a sales team as well as developing key relationships in the MidWest region to drive real value for our clients through Company products.
VP, Sales have a deep knowledge of the online media landscape, the advertising community and have 10+ years of proven media sales experience. The VP, Sales is a self motivated leader who can work with internal teams and are committed to achieving and exceeding sales goals while growing Company’s products in their allocated region.
- Drive Revenue for MidWest - Responsible for a book of business and driving revenue and new business in our MidWest region of at least 5M+ annually. This role is responsible for partnering with MidWest Agencies to grow business across a variety of accounts in multiple verticals:
- Drive Sales from Marketing Channels - Identify and qualify opportunities from marketing driven leads
- Sales Prospecting and Hunting - Expectation to generate a high volume of sales related activity including cold calling, presentations, RFP’s, and out of the box sales solutions
- Upsell current clients in current and new products - Provide market insight into the in-image and in-video display vertical and generate sales specifically from key brands and agencies. Support the roll out of Verity in 2020 and provide market insights from clients
- Activate and build strong relationships in key categories: Auto, CPG, Entertainment, Retail and Fashion/Beauty
- Relationship Development - Cultivate relationships with brands, agency contacts and clients to gain deep insight into their business and ultimately provide Company solutions for their marketing and advertising goals.
- Talent Management -
- Oversee a team of sellers at various levels; building a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met
- Drive effective recruitment, onboarding, professional development, performance management and retention of MidWest Sales team members
- Translate regional strategy into individual actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement organization-wide revenue goal setting and performance management
- Ensure team members are having the best possible Company experience by inspiring team members and delivering meaningful feedback and coaching to the teams, evidenced by regular feedback requests, 1:1’s, quarterly reviews and recognition
- Translate Client Insight to internal Product Team - Provide feedback to the company on how to best service clients’ needs
- Internal Collaboration - Work with Account Manager and other internal teams to ensure sold proposals are successfully implemented and aligned with client expectations.
- Strategic Sales - Support of CGO in developing, managing and executing strategic sales opportunities
- Bachelor's Degree in Media or Marketing/Advertising field
- Ideally 10+ years of selling experience in digital advertising sales (has to be sales in our specific industry whether publisher or tech sales)
- Experience managing a large book of business (5M+)
- Must have strong selling experience and track record of hitting or exceeding sales targets demonstrated with a list of brand and agency contacts in addition to other assignments in the region
- Programmatic experience a plus
- Proficient in SalesForce (is comfortable logging meetings, calls, pulling reports, etc.)
- PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills a must
- Must possess superb written and verbal communication skills
- Uses Seller Crowd and checks the trades for updates on accounts
- Fundamental understanding of business drivers (P/L, Operating Statement, COGS, Revenue, etc.)
- Outgoing and can build and maintain/grow client relationships at all levels (entertaining is required)
- Proactive not reactive in approach