Vice President, Field HR
Help at Home
Help at Home, LLC, is the nation’s leading provider of high quality care and support solutions. Our goal is to enable the highest level of personal independence and meaningful lives for our clients. Help at Home is committed to delivering a gold standard in care through our attentive and well-trained staff who support making it possible to keep people comfortably and safely within their homes and communities.
The Vice President of Field HR will be the HR Business Partner to Help at Home’s Chief Operating Officer and will drive the people strategy for the Operations team of 30,000+ employees. This position is responsible for leading HR programs, policies, and initiatives, and ensures that they are effective, efficient, and aligned with company goals and priorities. This position leads the Field HR team including, but not limited to, talent acquisition and retention, employee relations, leadership development and training, employee evaluations and performance, acquisition integrations, and adherence to HR policies and procedures. The VP, Field HR will collaborate with HR leadership to ensure that all Centers of Excellence (CoE) are aligned and functioning to exceed company goals, increase performance, and mitigate risk. This position will lead a team of 7-10 HR professionals. This position can be based in Chicago, Indianapolis, or Philadelphia.
- Provides senior-level Human Resources advising and coaching services to all levels of leadership and their respective teams to ensure company goals and objectives are fulfilled.
- Aligns HR planning and programs with Operations in managing implementations and ongoing execution with consistency across the organization.
- Builds and leads a high performing Field HR team while providing vision, strategic direction, and motivational support to exceed the company’s goals and objectives.
- Implements and manages end-to-end HR processes that ensure the consistent delivery of HR services and results nationally.
- Builds and maintains relationships with key business leaders, internally and externally.
- Partners with the Legal team on labor negotiations, grievances and other union-related work streams.
- Leads process improvement, change management and organizational effectiveness across the Field to continue to advance Help at Home’s long-term business objectives.
- Provides guidance, communication, and training on employment policies and legal employment requirements.
- Collaborates with the HR Centers of Excellence (CoEs) and business leaders to ensure the effective and timely delivery of impactful HR services and solutions, including talent acquisition, talent management and development, business integrations, compensation, benefits, and HR technology solutions, while reinforcing a data-driven, decision-making culture that includes HR dashboards and KPI reporting.
- Partners with HR’s Director, M&A on M&A due diligence and cultural integration to support growth through business acquisitions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service and conflict resolution skills.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Excellent business acumen; focus on HR processes and tools to accelerate business results.
- Strong people and team management skills with a proven track record of recruiting, hiring, and developing talent.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to present formal and informal training, as well as, professional presentations to any size or type of group, including Executive Leadership.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to respond to challenging inquiries or complaints, in a positive and effective manner.
- Strong partner and collaborator; ability to build strong consulting relationships focused on team, organizational, and business success.
- Solution-oriented; ability to balance qualitative and quantitative measures.
- Strong sense of urgency and time-management skills.
- Never satisfied with status quo; always pushing for improvements and change.
- Strong motivation to be successful in honoring all commitments to internal customers.
- Exhibits strong work ethic, while focusing on team-oriented goals and collaboration, in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of and experience with varied human resource information systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business, or a related field; a Master’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business or a related field, a plus.
- A minimum of twelve (12) years of experience in Human Resources, with most of it in a large multi-site organization; experience in a Union environment, a plus.
- Experience influencing and interacting with Senior Management and Executives.
- Experience coaching leaders and employees across a broad range of HR topics.
- Experience with employee relations investigations, leading positive employee relations initiatives, and using data to reduce employee relations concerns.
- Experience leading change initiatives with an orientation to HR processes.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Help At Home, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.
Powered by JazzHR