We are offering a Sign-On Bonus for this opportunity!!! Come join the team!
We are seeking a motivated Hose Assembler to join our team in Hammond, IN. This exciting opportunity involves reading assembly drawings in order to assemble hose assemblies.
All IL candidates are welcome to apply.
Kaman Fluid Power, a business unit of Kaman Distribution Group, is a leading provider of fluid power, motion control, electro-mechanical, robotics, machine safety, lubrication and process products and highly engineered systems and components for precision hydraulic and pneumatic applications. We are committed to providing our customers with the right solutions, focusing on their needs, and exceeding their expectations. Our people are the foundation of our success. The key to sustaining our competitive advantage is by investing in the development of our employees, driving innovation, and providing solutions for a better tomorrow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Read and interpret basic schematics and follow written work instructions
- Communicate with supervisor on any engineering, print, or assembly discrepancies
- Operate power and hand tools typical of an industrial manufacturing environment (such as saws, grinders, drills, etc.)
- Assemble, build, measure, cut, crimp, test, and perform related tasks for industrial hydraulic and pneumatic hose
- Handle assembly of mechanical items
- Prepare equipment and assemblies for shipment
- Maintain company standards for quality and performs basic testing on completed assemblies
- Obtain certifications on applicable products such as parflange, hose crimping, PTAC, etc.
- Exercise safe work habits and maintain a clean and safe working area
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
Skills and Abilities:
- Sense of urgency and appropriate use of time
- Self-initiative and a good team player
- Basic computer skills in order to facilitate access to production related company files
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one or small group situations
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to complete detailed but simple written or oral instructions
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure: whole numbers, fractions and decimals and able to compute rate, ratio and percent
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carryout instructions provided in written, oral or diagram form
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, fumes, or airborne particles
Occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather), toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock
Noise level in the work environment is usually loud
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move heavier weights
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and color vision, the employee must be able to pass the visual acuity test (Jaeger) on an annual basis
- Regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms
- Frequently required to walk
- Occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear
Benefits and Company Overview
Our comprehensive compensation package and benefit program includes:
- Your choice of medical insurance providers and plans, Dental insurance, and Flexible spending accounts
- Company matching 401(k) with a great vesting schedule
- Company paid Life (family) & STD insurances, Vacation, Holiday & Sick time
- 100% tax-free tuition reimbursement
Kaman Distribution Group is comprised of three business units: Kaman Automation, Kaman Fluid Power, and Kaman Industrial Technologies. We offer more than four million items including bearings, mechanical power transmission, electrical and automation, material handling, motion control, fluid power and MRO supplies to customers in virtually every industry. Additionally, we provide engineering, design, and support for automation, electrical, linear, hydraulic and pneumatic systems as well as belting and rubber fabrication, customized mechanical services, hose assemblies, repair, fluid analysis, and motor management. Offering products and solutions from more than 220 locations, our people are the foundation of our success. We recognize that our ability to sustain our competitive advantage rests among our talent. #KDG #KFP #KIT #KAI