WestRock (NYSE:WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s team members support customers around the world from locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
1500 Center Cir
Downers Grove, Illinois, 60515
Currently seeking a Prepress Technician for our Pre-Press Department. Pre-Ppress Technicans recognize, adapt, and implement changes in printing workflow. Understand systems based on workflow and software needs. Use knowledge of printing processes to carry out procedures of jobs based on quick turnaround. Prepare files for proofing and printing.
Full Health Benefits and Vacation Time after 30 days of employment.
How you will Impact WestRock
- Satisfies client pre-print demands through client interaction.
- Analyzes potential problems with workflow. Carries out job production on MAC to digital files.
- Proofs jobs in final approval stage for content, distortion, and traps.
- Handles multiple jobs in various production stages.
- Produces key jobs based on complexity and print runs.
- Analyzes customer files for fonts, images, integrity, and printability.
- Generates pre-flight lasers and color proofs to check separations before film.
- Traps files and applies necessary pullbacks and changes to press.
- Re-touches images for better platability from film.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Associates degree from accredited two-year college or technical school preferred
- Must have minimum of five years’ experience in graphic arts/printing industry.
- Must have hands on knowledge of Quark, Illustrator, Photoshop, trapping, Macintosh, file management, network utilizations and workflow and maintenance/troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of JMS and NEO a plus.
- Must have thorough knowledge of all major software applications including high end trapping program.
- Must be detailed orientated, willing to continuously improve, and a good team player.
- Must have the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from internal and external customers.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportion and percentages.
- Must have basic office equipment and communication skills including copy and fax machines, telephone communication, and record keeping.
- Must pass color vision and color hue tests.
What we offer
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.