Professional Field Service Technician
It’s a good time to be with Miele!
Travel to customer location to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair Miele Professional Appliances utilizing factory training, service manuals and computerized tools.
• Support and provide installation and validation support of Professional products
• Provide in-servicing on the proper use and care of all Professional products
• Provide and support of preventative maintenance tasks on all Professional products
• Organize, maintain and upkeep of company provided vehicle, tools, test equipment, computers and other assigned company assets.
• Complete all warranty & service call, validation and installation documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
• Maintain required parts inventory by ordering replacement parts as necessary and conducting inventories as required
• Assist other Field Service Representatives in successfully performing job requirements in accordance with policy and procedures
• Mentor other Field Service Representatives in the proper repair of Professional products
• Assist in display and trade show set up and support, as assigned
• Assist Technical Support with telephone support, as needed
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of technical documentation and technical resources
• Promote teamwork and a positive work environment with all employees
• Adherence to Miele Service Excellence Policy
• Up to 75% overnight travel possible
• A valid driver's license
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Strong understanding of basic plumbing and electromechanical skills recommended
• Good computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Ability to apply concepts of basic math
• Ability to read, write and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos in English
• Ability to multi-task
• Successful pre-employment screening process including drug screen, background investigation and credit check
• Ability to work professionally with colleagues and be a team player
• Must be a self-motivated, customer oriented person with excellent communication skills
• Ability to sit, walk and crawl occasionally
• Ability to stand, squat, kneel and dexterity to bend/twist neck and waist, frequently
• Ability to use hands repetitively and power/simple grasp constantly
• Ability for fine manipulation of hands as well as pushing, pulling and reaching above and below shoulder level constantly
• Physical ability to lift, pull and push products up to 100 pounds frequently
• Physical ability to lift, pull and push products that weigh in excess of 100+ pounds occasionally
• Ability to carry items up to 6 feet occasionally
• Employees can be regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration and moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
• May occasionally walk on slippery or uneven surfaces
• May have exposure to dust, gas, fumes or chemicals
• On occasion, may use special visual or auditory protective equipment
• Will occasionally climb stairs and work off elevated surfaces
• Frequently work with bio-hazards
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the accountability for results
- You like working for a family run company, market leader in the premium domestic appliance.
- You like working for a company that believes in the aspiration to do it forever better and to be forever better
- A competitive compensation package
- 100% covered Life and long-term disability insurance
- Wellness discounts on medical premiums
- 401k with company match
- Generous Employee Purchase program
- Wellness and volunteer Programs
- Engaging Employee Activities
What does it take for a family run company to become world market leader in the premium domestic appliance and commercial machine segment? It takes more than offering average products, run-of-the-mill service or short-sighted actions. It also requires the aspiration to do it forever better and to be forever better. This stance accounts for a good working environment at Miele and the success of our products.
Our colleagues can rest assured that those who live up to our standards of quality and professionalism grow personally and professionally. No matter if they are at entry levels or managers.
Miele asks a lot of its employees. They are expected to develop and manufacture worldwide market premium products that are 'Immer Besser'. In return, they receive the most valuable thing Miele can give them: that they themselves become 'Immer Besser' - in all of their professional and personal abilities.
'Immer Besser' is therefore an entrepreneurial success principle from which customers and employees benefit in equal measure. We call this principle 'MAKE IT BETTER. BE BETTER'.
Miele is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports and enforces a drug-free workplace. EOE/AA:M/F/D/V