Buyer - Purchasing Agent
Community Foundation of Northwest Indiana, Inc
Responsible for purchasing and negotiating materials, equipment, and supplies from vendors. Expedites orders to keep open orders to a minimum. Coordinates delivery schedules as appropriate and searches alternatives to backordered items. Evaluates vendor quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers.
To qualify, you must have:
- Minimum HS diploma required, college degree preferred.
- Previous Buyer/Purchasing experience required. Healthcare Buyer/Purchasing experience preferred.
- Strong organizational & communication skills (written, oral, interpersonal).
- Demonstrated negotiation and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work as a team player and independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft office – Outlook, Excel and Word.
- PeopleSoft experience a plus.
- Must be deadline oriented and enjoy working in a fast-paced multi-task environment.