Director of Purchasing
Medline Industries, Inc.
Medline Industries has an immediate opening for a Director of Purchasing for our Textile & EVS Division. This position will be primarily responsible for all strategic and tactical purchasing/sourcing activities (both internationally and domestic) for both raw material and finished good product lines. Development and implementation of strategic and operational sourcing, procurement, contracting and supply management strategies. Create and maintain operational processes to ensure best value in goods and services. Manage interaction with division to cultivate cross-functional processes and vendor relationships to optimize cost strategy and vendor performance. Oversee and manage the Purchasing Team. Negotiate price, contract terms, NDA, product design, engineering change notices, cooperative advertising, rebate structures, forecasts, pricing information records, duty, absorption, back orders, over bills, new vendors, inventory management and product search, etc.
- Initiate, implement and manage all purchasing, sourcing and business strategy projects. Negotiate the costs of all materials and resolve service level issues at the vendor level.
- Negotiate favorable terms, volume discounts, product promotions, cost reductions, and long-term contracts with suppliers. Negotiate regarding product integrity, nondisclosures, quality, and standards.Create and Implement sourcing strategy driving vendor execution and market strategies for vendor allocation optimization and risk mitigation, resourcing and cost containment / reductions.
- Accountability for department level annual cost savings targets. Manage the price information records (PIR%26rsquo;s) of all vendors and SKU's with attention to absorption levels.
- Manage in conjunction with Manufacturing the implementation of Procurement System to achieve reduction of service level issues at vendor level to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Negotiation of supplier agreements and management of supplier / vendor contracts.
- Develop and evaluate vendor performance including value (cost / quality), delivery, innovation and CSR.
- Support Quality with SCAR, Deviations, Print Review, Factory audits, product improvements and product R&D.
- Assist the marketing team with product design and R&D.
- Enhance transportation opportunities by working with operations. Reduce cubes and freight costs at the time of design.
- Develop and mentor staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; build and maintain employee morale and motivation; ensure the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies.
- Bachelor%26rsquo;s degree in Business or related field such as: Supply Chain or Operations Management.
- At least 5 years experience in purchasing or sales.
- At least 2 years of experience managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating and directing people as they work.
Domestic & International travel is required.
Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: VLOOKUP, SUMIF, Pivot tables, Dashboards, IF statements).
Experience in working through details of a problem, overcoming obstacles and reaching a positive and successful solution through mathematical or systematic operations.
Experience identifying and imparting prioritization skills to direct reports.
Experience using business analytical skills including facilitating requirements sessions and documenting activity workflows and business requirements.
Advanced skills in math.
MBA - Globl Supply Chain Management
Relevant Work Experience
Working knowledge and experience with SAP
At least 8-10 years of experience in a SKU intensive (10K+) business and fast-paced environment. Past experience of sourcing or manufacturing woven textile products out of Asia and North/South/Central America is required.
At least 3 years of experience managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating and directing people as they work.
Certificaiton / Licensure
CPIM Certification from APICS is a PLUS
Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Mandarin is a PLUS