VP Human Resources
How you will contribute to our team:
- Partner with company’s Executive Committee and other key business leaders within all lines of business to shape HR strategy, serving as the internal expert on talent and functional trends, and championing innovation and continuous improvement within the HR function and organization.
- Act as a thought-leader in human capital management by applying disciplined knowledge and synthesizing data, research, and other available resources to identify emerging trends, opportunities, and potential vulnerabilities, and by implementing solution strategies, new technologies, and innovations that support achievement of the company’s talent priorities and needs.
- Partner with the company’s business intelligence team to contribute meaningful human capital metrics tied to operational productivity and business support.
- Anticipate and diagnose organizational need(s) and translate those into talent implications for the firm.
- Lead and partner with the talent management function in supporting company growth and developing and executing integration plans that include robust and effective team member communications.
- Provides leadership, support, and drive to company-wide initiatives, including team member engagement and satisfaction surveys, new hire and exit surveys, and performance measures affiliated with specific services; uses results of these measures to set benchmarks and recommend and implement new or changes to existing programs.
- Ensure that human resource practices appropriately leverage technology and innovative thinking with automated and streamlined processes and procedures.
- Maintain current knowledge of and train on all federal and state laws impacting employers and employees and ensure compliance with all such applicable legal and governmental regulations and requirements.
- Partner with others to Administer Federal and State compliance programs, including but not limited to; OSHA, EEOC, FMLA, FLSA, NLRB, etc.
- Partners with HR Leaders on collective bargaining issues, resolving grievances and furthering the organization’s relationships with its unions.
- Follow and update all Standard Operating Procedures.
Our ideal candidate has the following skills and qualifications:
- You've got some credentials. We require a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Communication, or other relevant area, or a combination of education and HR experience. Certification as an SPHR/SHRM-SCP and/or an advanced degree is desirable.
- You've been there, done that. You're a seasoned and experienced HR Professional with 10+ years of talent management/human resources experience, reflecting progressive senior level leadership roles that required more responsibility in each new role.
- You are a strong subject matter expert. You have a strong command of core areas of human capital management, including talent acquisition, leadership and team member development, compensation and benefits administration, organizational development and performance, employment, HR technology and systems, and policy development.
- You understand the importance of people and culture. You have experience leading the end-to-end talent management function, demonstrating an awareness and sensitivity to cultural differences, as well as statutory, legal, and regulatory requirements and business practices.
- You can build and maintain relationships. Your personal leadership is characterized by behaviors that align with the company’s core values, with a proven track record of establishing and maintaining trust-based relationships, maintaining confidentiality, and gaining the respect of others with diverse backgrounds and positions.
- You know how to grow and develop a team. Proven ability to lead a diverse team of human resource professionals with a collaborative and inclusive management style. Demonstrates capacity and understanding of how to grow and develop HR talent.
- You are a strong communicator. You have excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills; and you are able to interact confidently and effectively with employees at all levels within the organization, as well as business associates outside of the company. Skilled in making compelling and persuasive presentations, speaking extemporaneously, and engaging with the company’s key stakeholders, investors, and other key business contacts.
- You're a great project manager. You are proficient in managing multiple projects and priorities at the same time, and accomplishing projects and work within established timelines, financial targets, and quality standards.
- You're extremely comfortable with legal matters. You have extensive knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing fair housing, equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their state and local analogues (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, and NLRA.
- You stay current in your profession. SPHR Certification (or SHRM equivalent) strongly preferred. Additional CA Certification helpful.