Corporate Purchasing Assistant
Newly Weds® Foods
The Purchasing Assistant is responsible for accepting and editing purchase requests from various departments, corresponding with suppliers for quotations, preparing purchase orders and performing buying duties.
- Compile information and records to prepare purchase orders for procurement of material.
- Verify terms and specifications of purchase requests.
- Complete purchase orders and send copy to supplier and department originating request.
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail to appropriate Purchasing Department member.
- Organize, file and maintain purchasing documentation.
- Conduct office support functions such as preparing certified letters, shredding and securely storing prior year files.
- Manage all requisitions via PO Database. process P.O. ready requisitions
- Complile reports for VP-Purchasing and other corporate purchasing as needed
- Compile monthly management, usage, purchase price variance, actual to actual excel spreadsheets
- Powerpoint presentations as need for department
- Manage coffee supplies and office supplies
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of one year experience in Purchasing or related discipline.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, Adobe applications, and Microsoft Office.
Newly Weds Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Newly Weds Foods will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States without assistance or support from Newly Weds Foods. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.