Ocean Freight Supervisor
Ref ID: 01360-0011914425
Classification: Logistics Clerk
Compensation: $20.90 to $24.20 hourly
Ocean Import/ Export Coordinators in the Transport industry might be interested in this job with a client of Robert Half. The logistics clerk will be working with clients coordinating shipments. You will succeed in this role if you can perform a heavy amount of data entry, along with customer service. This Logistics Clerk will be responsible for the processing of customer orders, including coordination with vendors and arranging shipments. Please apply right away! This long-term contract / temporary to full-time employment opportunity is based in the Wood Dale, Illinois area.
What you get to do every single day
- Abide by guidelines for approving carriers
- Oversee, monitor, and sustain dispatch & progress of orders on time and to meet delivery requirements
- Follow-up with carriers, as necessary
- Verify freight bills and process bills of lading
- Convey and organize with inventory and sales management; warehouse; logistics for service changes
- Perform various administrative duties
- Export customer service experience required
- Strong familiarity with Export Shipments
- Customer service experience
- Import customer service experience desired
- Foundational knowledge in Call Center Customer Service
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a customer service mindset
- Capacity to operate basic office equipment, complete general office work and route incoming materials
- This job is perfect for you if you can bring experience in purchasing, inventory control, transportation and warehousing functions to the role
- 2+ years' experience with shipping/logistics
- Ability to enter data into various electronic systems while maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the data
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4154. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.