Ref ID: 01300-0011907821
Classification: Calendar/Docket Clerk
Compensation: $27.71 to $32.09 hourly
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform quality control checks of docket requests to ensure data is accurate and complete. Use internal and external resources to ascertain correct case information, and engage is discussions with attorneys and/or secretaries to gather information and/or clarification as needed.
2. Respond to all inquiries made by secretaries and attorneys in a timely and accurate manner.
3. Reviewing documents for potential deadlines and docketing related dates into docketing system.
4. Entering deadlines and documents from automated monitoring systems into docketing software.
5. Researching and interpreting rules and statutes.
6. Assist in all aspects of the Docket Department operations inclusive of administrative tasks to maintain the integrity of the Firm’s Docket database.
7. Staying current with industry best practices and new development in the area of docketing, court procedures and rule changes.
8. Conduct training for new docket staff on department procedures and software systems.
9. Lead special projects.
10. Other responsibilities as needed.
11. Securing third-party vendor services to perform runs to the local courts, agencies and/commissions as needed.
12. Assist with electronic filing of court documents in various platforms.
Required Education and/or Experience:
1. A minimum of 3 years prior docket experience with a rules based calendaring system (CompuLaw or eDockets).
2. Excellent working knowledge of the federal, state court, and agency rules.
3. Excellent knowledge of the court system and agencies.
4. Previous experience in a law firm and knowledge of various litigation practice areas (e.g., labor and employment, workers compensation, probate, civil, appellate).
5. Demonstrated ability to interpret and analyze information, including interpretation of court rules.
6. Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work with personnel at all levels to converse about conflicts of interest issues, and department procedures.
7. Excellent professional work ethic, initiative and customer service.
8. Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
9. Ability to work within tight deadlines and to provide off hours (evenings/weekends) to support projects and escalated issues, as needed.
Calendar - Docket, Docketing, TM - Database & Electronic Docketing
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5592. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.