Registered Nurse-Cardio Vascular Thoracic Unit .9 7p
Advocate Aurora Health
REGISTERED NURSE: Cardio Vascular Thoracic ICU
Shift: .9 7p
“This positions is eligible for a $6000.00 sign on bonus, payable after hire.”
Using evidence-based practice, clinical decision making, compassion and skilled dialogue, the registered nurse leads efforts to create the safest patient environment and the best patient experience. The nurse delivers and coordinates patient-centered care across the continuum to support the successful transition of patients to other healthcare delivery systems or their home communities. The registered nurse is responsible for providing and coordinating comprehensive patient care through the appropriate utilization of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation, in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with Current IL RN license
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required
Certification in your current area of specialty once meeting eligibility requirements.
- Current AHA CPR
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and different shifts in order to accommodate staffing
- Certain positions may require to take call
- Work environment includes probability of exposure to adverse, hazardous, or unpleasant conditions while caring for the sick
- Ability to assist in evacuation of patients in the event of a fire or other disaster
- Routinely works with potentially infectious specimens and patients
- Ability to respond to patients in a timely manner and access all areas of the unit
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other team member, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.