Divisional Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis
Provide thought leadership and strategic direction for a high performing Financial Planning & Analysis team as the Divisional Vice President (DVP), Financial Planning & Analysis.
This position leads the team responsible for True Value’s planning, management reporting, and analysis process and strategy in alignment with the company’s strategic and financial goals. This includes directing and leading annual financial planning, long-range financial planning, dynamic forecasting, contingency planning, and analysis of actual results.
We are a dynamic team committed to driving True Value’s aggressive growth as the only nationally branded hardlines wholesaler that celebrates independent retailers.
• Embraces personal and professional development
• Values diverse perspectives
• Provides competitive compensation
• Committed to volunteerism and community outreach
Your Value = Our Value. True Value.
Responsibilities (May perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned).
- Directs and leads the forecasting, budgeting, and long-range planning processes of the company.
- Leads the development of high-quality management reporting and analysis to monitor financial performance, provide analytical insights and support strategic initiatives and decisions.
- Provides financial leadership, guidance, and analysis to finance and business partners to drive improved financial performance and meet the company’s goals and objectives.
- Provides proactive analysis and commentary on business performance that demonstrates a strong understanding of industry and market factors. Summarizes key conclusions and recommends opportunities for improvement. Enhances and drives consistency in key performance indicators.
- Monitors progress vs. annual and long-range goals and models the impact of course-correction actions to develop and adapt business strategy. Develops dynamic forecasts, upside/downside scenarios and performs sensitivity analysis.
- Provides modeling and analytics for strategic initiatives including growth initiatives and major capability investments.
- Drives financial process and technology improvement efforts, incorporating best practices.
- Prepares senior management and Board of Directors communications and presentations in financial performance.
- Leads staff to achieve the function’s goals.
- Prepares ad-hoc analysis at request of CFO.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field is required.
- Master of Business Administration or related advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- 12 years of progressive experience in financial management positions, preferably in a large company environment.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills; able to synthesize complex information, research data and draw conclusions.
- Exceptional verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills, and ability to communicate complex business issues in a clear and concise manner.
- Outstanding business and financial acumen and problem-solving ability.
- Strong collaborator, able to drive change throughout the organization and establish credibility with business leaders.
- Strong project management skills and ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Proven ability to interact with all levels of management to communicate financial results, the impact of proposed business decisions and drive performance improvement.
- Strong systems skills with advanced proficiency in Excel and business performance management applications.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.