VP of Finance
Creative Financial Staffing
Looking for your next career move? CFS is managing a high priority search to identify a Senior Global Tax Director for a global manufacturing company.
About the Company and Opportunity - Global Tax Director
A leading profitable global manufacturing company is dedicated to bringing superior products and process performance across a wide range of applications in the industrial markets is looking for a Global Tax Director.
Company Sizzle - Global Tax Director
• Private company
• Opportunity to learn and develop skill sets
• High visibility
• Profitable and secure company
• Premium products
• Great benefits; 401k (4% matching)
Overview of the role - Global Tax Director
• Prepare and file all applicable state and federal tax returns; sales/use tax returns, property tax returns
• Works with company tax advisors for VAT returns, monitoring of transfer pricing policies and other international tax issues for all international jurisdictions
• Prepares quarterly/yearly tax provision for consolidated company
• Point of contact for all domestic and international tax audits
• Partners with other accounting and finance professionals to ensure that all tax obligations are recorded accurately and timely
• Drafts and reviews intercompany agreements as needed
• Coordinates with tax advisors in the setup of new international legal entities
• Develops and manages budget, along with tracking/coordinating engagement letters and tax adviser fees
• Brings in-house many of the tax functions currently provided by outside firms such as provision work, Federal and state returns, sales tax, etc.
Preferred Qualifications - Global Tax Director
• 10+ years' experience of progressive corporate tax responsibilities
• 8+ years' experience of domestic tax management
• 5+ years' experience of international tax
• Manufacturing background a must.
• Bachelor's degree in tax, accounting, CPA or Master's in Taxation preferred
• Experience with VAT returns, tax provisions, and state & federal tax.
• Strong experience with SAP and Excel
• Examples of successful process improvements