We have a Direct Hire Warehouse Opportunity for a Cargo Screener at a large logistics company in Elk Grove that provides global logistics services. This company offers freight forwarding, customs services and warehousing services globally via air, sea, truck and rail.
We are looking to hire a Cargo Screener that would be hired in Directly by they company to work in their Elk Grove warehouse. This position will be trained on all warehouse functions with special training in Cargo Screening.
As a Cargo Screener, you would be responsible for:
- Required to perform various warehouse tasks such as: operation of x-ray machines, operation of trace detection machines, physical inspection of cargo and lifting and carrying freight (weighing up to 50 pounds).
- Responsible for identifying dangerous objects in cargo and preventing those objects from being transported onto aircraft with Explosive Trace Detection (ETD) equipment and visual and physical search.
- Continuously and effectively interact with various agents: cargo, airline, Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Customs/Border Protection (CBP), giving instructions and responding to inquiries in a reasonable tone and manner.
- Maintain focus and awareness within an environment containing numerous distractions, people, and noise.
- Make effective decisions in both crisis and routine situations.
- Demonstrate diligence required to maintain security under the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and United States Customs/Border Protection (USCBP) Regulations. You will challenge all persons not displaying an Yusen I.D. badge within an Yusen warehouse or any Designated Screening Area (DSA).
- If no screening was needed on any given day, you would be working in the main part of the warehouse doing other warehouse jobs.
- English proficiency (e.g., reading, writing, speaking, listening)
- Ability to do visual observation and identification, mental rotation
- Work values (e.g., responsibility, honesty, integrity)
- Ability to do lifting and carrying freight weighing up to 50 lbs, bending, reaching, stooping, squatting, standing and walking and identifying objects
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic and mathematics
- Knowledge of airline codes, prefixes, common cargo abbreviations and Comprehension of airway bill
Hours are Monday to Friday from approximately 9am to 5:30 pm however flexibility is required to work other hours based on business needs.
To be considered for this position, please send your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Staffmark is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Staffmark is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.