Product Manager - Clinical Lab
Medline Industries, Inc.
It is a particularly exciting time to be a Product Manager at Medline. The healthcare landscape is changing, and our customers are looking to us for solutions. As a Product Manager, you are responsible for driving sales of your product categories. You will collaborate with business units across the organization including Sales, Marketing, Operations, Inventory Management and Finance.
What makes product management different at Medline is your ability to run your product line as if it were your own business. Our leadership teams are passionate about their business and expect the same from you. Looking for visibility? You found it! If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and are looking for ownership and a fast paced work environment, we%26rsquo;ve got it!
Under general supervision, manage the full product lifecycle including the sourcing, marketing, new product development, sales support and financial growth of the Anatomical Pathology portfolio. Product line to include: chemicals, stains, consumables, instrumentation, etc.
Work with and train Acute-Care, Education & Research, Physician Office sales forces, and with dedicated Laboratory sales specialist team to be able to confidently sell product to customers.
- Serve as the key point of contact and product expert for all related distributed vendors. Meet with vendors to be trained on all aspects of each product and manage the negotiating of pricing, product availability, and market access.
- Identify and develop new Medline brand Anatomical Pathology products and manage each stage of the process through take to market. Working with Manufacturing, Purchasing, Regulatory and Engineering to reduce Cost of Goods by assessing packaging, alternate materials, new sources of material, stocking, make to order, direct to customer shipments, etc.
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing plans and promotional programs for existing products to include product strategy development, pricing strategy, collateral creation and brand management.
- Review monthly financial performance and determine contributing factors. Offer solutions for detrimental sales or cost trends. Prepare product forecasts to include revenue and expense expectations. Analyze sales trends over time and impact of competitive strategies. Support forecasts and budgets with appropriately detailed marketing plans.
- Work closely with local field sales and corporate accounts teams to address all GPO, Prime Vendor, and/or Integrated Delivery Network contract needs related to pricing and product access.
- Develop and deliver training materials for internal stakeholders, sales forces and customers. Create sales tools.
- Conduct market research and translate that research into new products, product improvements, or line extensions by providing leadership to a multi-functional team.
- Travel with sales force to support efforts to convert customers to purchase Medline products. Provide timely follow up to sales forces by answering product questions via e-mail and phone.
What do you need to land the job?
Please be aware that Medline requires all employees starting in this position to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated by their start date. Medline is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodations to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated for COVID-19 consistent with federal, state, and local law.
- This is your business. Your passion for it will only help to accelerate your success and opportunity.
- Bachelor%26rsquo;s degree
- At least 2 years of marketing, sales, product management or clinical practice experience (preferably in the healthcare industry)
- Experience negotiating with outside vendors and internal resources
- Experience collecting and analyzing financial data
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state)
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns)
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font)
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling)
- Medical, dental, vision & Rx plan
- 401k with company match!
- Impress friends & family with tours of our 679,000 square foot headquarters
- Indoor basketball court & fitness center open 24/7 and free to employees
- Subsidized cafeteria: eat healthy, spend less
- Break up the day with a quick game of ping pong or shuffle board
- Collaborate to innovate! Get away from your cube and team up with coworkers at the fireplace or at one of our many meeting spaces
- Worried about the drive? Check out our commuter options!