Newly Weds® Foods
2nd/3rd Shift Supervisor
Supervises production line operations and employees to fulfill customer orders. Ensures that all employees comply with company policies, procedures and standards. Maintains smooth production during work shift and promptly resolves all related problems. Works cross-functionally with Maintenance, Quality Assurance, Customer Service and Warehouse.
1. Schedule personnel to meet production requirements
2. Conduct weekly staff meetings
3. Conduct periodic health & safety meetings with hourly staff
4. Maintain a safe work environment
5. Implement and train staff on scanning system
6. Implement, monitor & enforce company procedures.
7. Monitor GMP's, plant sanitation and housekeeping
8. Complete daily production report
9. Complete daily remote bagger schedule
10. Attend daily production meeting
11. Plan and schedule production
12. Monitor production activities in blending and packaging
13. Complete daily pre-op checklist for blending area
14. Complete daily scale check
15. Complete daily security checklist
16. Acting Food Defense Coordinator - conduct food security audits
17. Participate in HACCP related meetings
18. Participate in Joint Health & Safety committee meetings
19. ADT security contact
20. Troubleshoot blending, batching & packaging issues
21. Monitor product quality
22. Record employee hours/attendance
23. Monitor HACCP program relating to blending & packaging
24. Monitor machine efficiency
25. Monitor equipment maintenance - report to Maintenance department any deviations
26. Review and verify employee documentation
27. Ensure proper transfer of completed product from production into warehouse locations
28. Assist in month-end inventory
29. Work with Human Resources in regards to employee-related issues
30. Responds to inquiries from customer service & shipping regarding order completion and run schedules
31. Inventory lot control
32. Contribute to successful audits by corporate, customer, CFIA and other governing bodies
1. Performs other activities, special tasks and projects upon requests from managers.
2. Back up for Production Scheduler
3. Back up for Production Manager
1. Excellent communication skills
2. Excellent interpersonal skills
3. Computer proficiency
4. Highly organized
5. Expertise in production operation - able to organize, troubleshoot, implement, train and administer production, safety & quality principles
6. Previous supervisory experience
7. Supervisory-related course work or training
1. Exposure to loud environment, airborne particles with stronger odors associated with spicy food ingredients and cold, hot, wet and humid conditions.
2. Walking and standing on concrete for 8 to 12 hours a day, up to 6 days a week. Climbing steps, ladders and working on elevated surfaces.
3. Regularly lifting 50 to 100 lbs.
4. Busy & stressful during peak season
Newly Weds Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Newly Weds Foods will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States without assistance or support from Newly Weds Foods. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.